Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Walking Gaffe Machine Tapped for VP

Pujah   

To: Number Two

Congratulations. You have agreed to be part of a historic campaign to save the country from more of the same with a vision to take us to a better place, via a new course for America. Enclosed you will find your poncho for Thursday night.

Yes. We. Can. To make sure that we do, I thought I might provide a few pointers:

New kinds of leaders provide new kinds of leadership. Think of that before you hit the stump.

Remember how many houses you have. Also remember how many houses John McCain has.

Pay attention to how few leaks sprung while your name and a few others were in the mix. Before you decide to leak something, call or Berry me -- or get in touch with David Plouffe, and he can tell you why it's a bad idea.

Once a week, John Kerry will call. Be polite.

Twice a week, Howard Dean will call. Let it go to voicemail.

Every day, Rahm Emanuel will call. Write down everything he says.

You will be asked about Hillary Clinton. Smile -- but you're on your own on this one.

PS: You will not influence me by trying to influence Michelle.

Obama will not win, he's too black, too different, leftist and cannot withstand the republican propaganda machine. Don't listen to polls, only liberals whites and blacks will vote for him and those demographics don't win you general elections.

Pujah   

Reaction to Obama choosing Biden as running mate

By The Associated Press –

Reaction to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's selection of Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate.

___

"In naming my colleague and friend Sen. Joe Biden to be the vice presidential nominee, Sen. Obama has continued in the best traditions for the vice presidency by selecting an exceptionally strong, experienced leader and devoted public servant. Sen. Biden will be a purposeful and dynamic vice president who will help Sen. Obama both win the presidency and govern this great country." — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

___

"There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama's lack of experience than Joe Biden. Biden has denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing — that Barack Obama is not ready to be president." — Ben Porritt, spokesman for the John McCain campaign.

___

"We now have the ticket that's going to bring the change we've all been hoping for. I join all of the members of the Senate Democratic caucus in congratulating Joe Biden — a great friend, a great Democrat, and now our party's nominee for vice president." — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

___

"I congratulate Sen. Barack Obama on his selection of my friend, Sen. Joe Biden, to be his vice-presidential running mate. I have enjoyed for many years the opportunity to work with Joe Biden to bring strong bipartisan support to United States foreign policy." — Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind.

___

"Joe Biden is the right partner for Barack Obama. His many years of distinguished service to America, his seasoned judgment and his vast experience in foreign policy and national security will match up well with the unique challenges of the 21st Century." — Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb.

___

"I think he's made a great pick with Joe Biden. It's not just foreign policy. He has expertise in matters of the judiciary, in his work for families." — Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine.

___

"I believe that Joe Biden is an excellent choice. He is a man of experience and high integrity. He will be a valuable running mate to Sen. Obama." — former Sen. Sam Nunn, D-Ga.

___

"Obama has spent millions on his change message in Indiana. Biden has held onto a seat in the Senate since 1972. How does that represent change?" — Indiana GOP Chairman Murray Clark.

___

"This is a terrific choice. Joe Biden understands the challenges facing our country at home and abroad, and his long history of bipartisanship in the Senate will be a welcome asset. He will be a tireless and enthusiastic partner for Sen. Obama in the campaign and in the White House." — Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich.

___

"Barack Obama demonstrated the judgment to choose a governing partner who is wise and strong and will help him deliver change to a country yearning for it. I enthusiastically support the selection of Senator Biden." — Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind.

___

"Joe Biden brings with him a record of voting in favor of tax increases, strict gun control, abortion rights, and against domestic energy exploration in (the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge), and the opening of a nuclear waste repository — such as Yucca Mountain." — Rep. Gresham Barrett, R-S.C.

___

"Sen. Biden will be a tremendous partner for Sen. Obama and for Michigan. Our state has been battered by the policies of the Bush administration, so it matters to us that Sen. Biden has a long-standing reputation of bringing real results that matter to Americans." — Gov. Jennifer Granholm and Lt. Gov. John Cherry of Michigan.

___

"He has distinguished himself as a member of the United States Senate and is an accomplished public servant. I wish him well in his bid for higher office but remain a supporter and ally of Sen. John McCain." — Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del.

___

"Joe brings experience to Barack's message of change. Together, Democrats are offering the American people change, experience and good judgment — a winning combination if there ever was one." — Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del.

___

"Joe Biden has always been my first choice, and I am pleased to learn he is Sen. Obama's first choice, as well. I am proud of Joe and believe his experience in the U.S. Senate and as a national leader in foreign policy makes him an excellent candidate for vice president." — Gov. Ruth Ann Minner, D-Del.

"In selecting Sen. Joe Biden as his running mate, Sen. Obama has chosen a proven and effective advocate for fairness and equality that our entire community can be proud of." _ Joe Solmonese, president of Human Rights Campaign, a gay rights organization.

AP

Hello Pujah, I see you still haven't given up on your boy eh?

What is your take on your boy's pick with senator biden? Do you believe its a good pick?

I think Senator Biden is a great pick for obama, but not if mit romney is on the opposite ticket.

If Mit romney is the pick for mccain, rest assured biden will be cut into two pieces and obama will be sliced to many pieces.

Mit romney doesn't play fair and he is a very outspoken man on telly, specially on the best news channel aka fox news. He knows how to talk to the average american, and he will expose both biden and obama's weakness or play against each other or whatever it takes to win and thats Mit Romney for you.

As far as average joe is concerned, he will take the word of romney over the truth and thats how obama will lose.(not a chance against romney ticket)

On the other hand, if mccain picks anyone but romney, then there is a chance for your man.

Trust me, mit romney scares me and he is exactly what republicans need to continue to dominate american politics but its upto old man mccain to make that smart choice in picking romney.

All in all, I feel that it was wise and save choice for obama to have picked biden over the governor and the other senator. I think biden was my 3rd favourite among the candidates in the primary, coming last to Hilary and edwards.

Good luck pujah, you will need it.

PS:tuesday, august26th, prime time for prime lady. HILARY's SPEECH is on and you better tune in.

Pujah   

Mitt Romney is one big phony and does not come close to Sen. Biden, who is very well vested in both domestic and foreign policy and is a great debater. Actually it would be interesting if Sen. McCain chooses Romney because than the VP debates will overshadow the candidate. As you know both Obama and McCain do not do as well as they should when it comes to debates.

PS I am getting tired of hearing about Hillary and her supporters seems like they took over the convention. :mad:

Pujah   

Really Joe! You’re supposed to be attacking the other guy right?

Oh, That Joe! (No. 9 in a Series) - Wherein Jill Biden and John McCain Dance Drunkenly on a Tabletop in Greece

September 05, 2008 5:23 PM

Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., likes to tell crowds that he and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., are friends.

In a packed gymnasium at Maple Point Middle School in Langhorne, Pa., this afternoon, before a receptive crowd, Biden explained just how close they are.

"John McCain is my friend," said the loquacious Blue Hen. "I admire John McCain. I know of no man or woman I have ever met that has more personal courage than John McCain. We have been friends for over 33 years. We have traveled together. When John was Navy liaison he staffed me for three or four years everywhere I traveled in the world.

"Jill and John are good friends," Biden said, referring to his wife Dr. Jill Biden, who had just introduced him. "Matter of fact there’s a best-selling book written about us called The Nightingale's Song about John and some of his graduating class from Annapolis that references Jill and John in the book as good buddies.

"She doesn’t like the reference,'" Biden added, "but John, John’s a great guy. John was staffing me in Greece. I was meeting with the Prime Minister Papandreou and we were supposed to go to this fancy dinner and Jill said 'Do we have to go to this dinner?' And John said, 'No, no, no I know this great place for dinner.'

"And there was a place literally down on the docks, where Zorba lived I think, and so I had to go to the fancy thing and I come back down and I find it, and we’re wandering through these alleys on the dock -- you’re gonna get very angry at this Jill -- but I walk around the corner and there’s these cement tables like down at the shore you know, the cement base ,the cement table, and I walk in and Jill and John are standing up on the table drinking ouzo dancing with one another, and I’m thinking, 'I’ve never trusted John since then, Jillie.'

"But he’s a great guy," Biden said, "and if John called me today and said 'Joe -,' like when they went after John McCain, when Bush went after him in South Carolina with the scurrilous comments they made about his character, I called him and said, 'John, where do you want me? I’m an Al Gore man but where do you want me? I will show up anywhere in America to testify to the kind of man you are.' And he is a good man, he is a good man."

-- Jake Tapper and Matt Jaffe