Sign in to follow this  
Lemlem

CALLiNG ALLL SOMALIS LIVING IN ATLANTA!!

Lemlem   

NOW, i have something on my mind. i was browsing the web and i notice a LOT of events and gatherings such as SOMALI WEEK, SOMALI DAY , SOMALI CELEBRATIONS , so im like oh thats REALLY cool because i always use to wonder why somalis NEVER had stuff like that..i only use to see ethiopians and eritrean celebrating as a nation in atlanta...never somalis. so i never knew there were such things. so i see all those celebrations as i listed above and noticed NONE were in atlanta! i thought this city was full of somalians WHICH IT IS? so i see that they are from Minnesota, London and of course toronto. what happened to atlanta..why cant we come together and organize an event as the residents of toronto do? i see pics posted and it looked like fun. Flags waving and Musical guests [King Khalid,Samatar] so im like WOW these somalis in toronto must REALLY have some pride. but us, in atlanta? we dont have ONE event we came together and did. you see these Ethiopians and eritreans parading around for their celebrations wearing their colors every year. somalis in atlanta dont do nothing. and I personally think we should do something about that. organize a community for somalians, come together one day. share ideas, eat lunch together , have soccer games. we could even make a difference to these young somali kids who dont know right from wrong if our community in atlanta comes together as ONE.

now please, give some feedback on this issue and lets try to make a difference?

Horta gabadhaan run ayeeba sheegeysaa, waligey online kuma arkin ruwaayad ka dhaceyso Atlanta iyo wax anything meeting ka dhacaayo meeshaas, especially considering Soomaali xoogahoo roon degan magaaladaas. Mise Soomaali kala daadsan waaye, oo xataa shirar iyo kulamo yar yar soo qabanqaabin karin?

STOIC   

LemLem (I'm assuming you are female)

How about I'll meet you up at the Xalal pizza on the campus plaza and I'll announce this to all those people seating in front of that building? Call me up today(Don't worry I posted my number at the Xalal pizza board) and I'll get this grand idea off the ground. We can even play-skits for them if you want it.

STOIC   

^^This is Somali owned and it is in Clarkston area.There are many of them owned by Paki

^^ Stoic, actually the Dunkin Donut will be better since the guys standing around there will have a word or two to say about the idea...lol

^Are you talking the one in Decator if I'm recalling it right. It's like ceelgaab. And why are they so many waffle houses in Metro Atlanta. There's more waffle in per square mile than other place in the place or atleast so I think.

^ Yeah, it is in Decatur...ATL is just a city full of Waffle house...if i'm not wrong, waffle house started in Georgia...so i guess thats there are so many of them.........

STOIC   

Pool,

In all seriousness the sister has a point (of course excuse my previous prowling).You could cry in sympathy, love or even self-pity (although I keep my chilling doubts to myself) I doubt if those Somalis talking about politics in dunking donuts and the notorious Xalal pizza will listen. I sometimes wonder when they get all the time to gossip in front of these buildings.I’m sure they don’t puzzle over things such as youth activities or even community organizations. I have absence of feelings towards the community let me not be a wrong influence on her.