Sign in to follow this  
sofine

WOULD YOU A STAY HOME MOM OR NOT?

Pucca   

not everythin about daycare is bad, and not all daycare centers are poorly managed. the country you live in plays an important role in this, i mean if i was livin in ethiopia my kid would never see the inside of a daycare center what with all the relatives there that wouldn't be needed. but since there's little chance of that happenin daycare seems like the brightest choice. not everyone's got relatives around where they life.

but then since there's a father in the kid's life who has a say in this if he didn't want the child to go to daycare there's always his mother ;) ....

ta ta

x_quizit   

Stay at home moms/housewives, hardly get the respect they deserve. That is truly the hardest job one can do, being that its 24hrs and is unpaid labor. Some countries are fighting for the rights of stay at home moms and pay them for their labor, cause unlike other jobs, u can't clock out after 8hrs. It is also a labor of love and one that is sometimes looked down upon in our society by other working moms/society as a whole.

Personally, if by the time im ready to have kids my husband is earning enuff to support the whole family, I would glady stay home until they reach pre-school, then hopefully I can enter the workforce again and utilize my degree. I don't see myself letting daycares take care of my children when i can educate them in our religion, morals and values, also read to them and prepare them for secular education. The first few yrs of a child's life are the most important, this is when they are molded and are most open-minded, therefore its up to us to teach them values that they will adhere to as they grow older. But lets say i was a single parent, and my child hasn't yet reached pre-school age, id have no choice but to work, but id prefer to leave my child with my mom/trusted relative than a daycare. Reason being is that a daycare is not always a sanitary place, some abuse the kids/neglect them, that would be the last place id send my kids. I also understand that our parents raised us, why saddle them with their grandkids in the golden age? As long as the parent doesn't mind, thats a much better choice than a daycare. Of course, each couple, b4 they are married, need to iron out all these details, and find a suitable mate with the same ideas as urself.

p.s.-for those worried about not using their degree right away, id see no reason to, because u can use it any time in ur life and is there for u when u need it.

Peace

sofine   

x-quist...i like what you said...how a woman in some countries...are fighting their right to get paid because their are working lol.....lol... yo...i heard that too...once my professor was talking about that...but i doubt that will ever happened...cause...its the individual who choose to have children...why should we or government paid them money....unless their single mother otherwise hell noooooooooo... :D

Qac Qaac   

Actually omar bin khattab used to pay the mother with the kids at home. to give them support at home.. and is extra money for her and her husband u know.. so yeah they get recognized...

too bad is not like that anymore. but insha'allah with a government worrying about their ppl. will reach that level one day.