Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Diaspora Advisor-Somalia CMST Program-You looking for a job?

STOIC   

NGO

Location country: Kenya

Closing date: 08 Mar 2006

Job Description

The Diaspora Advisor for the Somalia Civil Society and Media in Transition (CMST) program leads the engagement with the Somali Diaspora. The Advisor works closely with program staff to build connections between the Diaspora and different Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and institutions both nationally and internationally. S/he develops a strategy for engaging the Diaspora through various means. These can be in the form of expertise or financial contributions and includes: identifying Somali professionals to serve as volunteers in their areas of expertise in different parts of the country; and exploring mechanisms in which the Diaspora can financially assist CSOs and institutions. In coordination with Project Manager for Media, the Advisor creates innovative ways, such as websites, to actively connect the Diaspora with the activities of local CSOs. Also, s/he establishes a database of Somali professionals who are keen to contribute to rebuilding Somalia; and develops mechanisms for linking media houses in Somalia and Somali run media houses/contacts in the Diaspora. In coordination with the Project Manager for Advocacy, the Advisor engages the Diaspora in advocacy for peace and development; this may include reaching out to various peace activists and movements and establishing links with the CSMT program; and identifying and engaging Youth and Women’s organizations.

Qualifications: BA degree in political science, business administration or related fields; previous experience working in Somalia and/or understanding of Somali culture and languages or being part of the Somali Diaspora; experience in advocacy, media work, policy engagement or human right works; experience managing and mentoring diverse groups; strong project management skills; superior networking abilities; and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Somali is a plus.

Vacancies Contact

Please apply online at: http://www.careusa.org/careers

Ibtisam   

^^hey this is their fornt page:

Please Note:

It has recently come to our attention that an individual unknown to CARE has been posing as a CARE recruiter and soliciting payment for job placement. The solicitation is in the form of an e-mail that uses an e-mail address of "hr@care-org.it.st" and/or the name "Dr. Jackson Schmidt".

If you receive an e-mail with any of these components, or see one posted on a job listings site, please know that it is not from CARE. Also, please note that CARE does not require nor accepts payment of any kind during the hiring process. We also do not make offers of employment to individuals who have not been personally interviewed.

:D:D i think they got sick of visiting somalis looking for jobs: :D

STOIC   

Heh, you got some nerves, don't you? Did you even check the link before you posted your response?This is a geniune position posted on their web page.I will never post something that i am not sure of dear.For the love of clarity, here is the direct link to the care website Proof

PS Go to the job section and click on East Africa.I got the message from another reliable website for relief jobs JOB

EDIT: I didn't want you mislead people to believe that this was a phony job offer!!!!!

Ibtisam   

your proof said "Session Expired

Your session has either expired or you do not have a valid session."

when i followed it.

in any case i know i got "some nerves" because i did check the link before i posted my response, and i could not find anything. so PLZ don't bite my head off, i just making an observation not accusing of anything.

any cheers for the clarification

:cool:

EDIT: well sorry i was not trying to mis-lead any1, just pointed something out; anyway whats done is done :cool:

STOIC   

Do you still need a lesson on attention to detail, dear? For the love of clarity again, Attention to detail means a direct, focused and concentrated assertion of cognitive resources extended to a particular activity.Attention to detail in short means to follow website directions!!!!!!!!

Ibtisam   

i will appreciate it if you did not take out your day's frustration on me. Don't patronise me please. Maybe i need attention to details but what i am seeing is plain unnecessary rudeness, and in my opinion that is what needs immediate attention!

Take a chill pill.

:rolleyes:

STOIC   

Urgghhhh, now I am calm,and off to the Friday prayer.Don't let my words be Vexation to your spirit .I think we are in Peace at last :D