Sign in to follow this  
Foxy

A Scientist's Critical research...Go on have a look!

Foxy   

Being a A Scientist must be one of the coolest jobs on the planet, tingering with the building blocks of life and all that. Plus you get to play around with cool equipments like beakers and bunsen burners. Except for the fact I was completely crap at science at school, I would so be a scientist. ( yeah right only in my dreams)

And the sorts of things scientist can study! Cures for incurable diseases. Breakthroughs that will benifit all humans all over this planet.

OR, in the case of some Scientists at London's Queen Mary College You can spend your scientific day figuring out which Artist Bees like Best

Yes, Bees. And Art. The scientist at the Unveristy of london's Queen Mary College, clearly with way too much research time on their ahnds, set up an Experiment where 3 colonies of bumblebees had a choice of four paintings to land on and they counted which painting the bumblebees landing on most often.....Go figure

So there was A vase of flowers by Gauguin and a little thing called Sunflowers, by Vincent Van Gogh (presumably not the real one), plus a painting by the british pop artist Patrick Caulfield and one by french cubist Fernand leger. And a whole bunch of bees, Buzzing around. And yes you guessed it right, a whole bunch of scientists, with their pencils poised to dutifully jot down every bee-related touchdown upon any discoveries of the four chosen work displays.

In the article I read about the experiment, whether or not the scientists were stoned(high)while counting was not mentioned. But surely they must been when they came up with the Idea for the Experiment.

"The scene must have went something like this"

Bees, dude, we just get, like, this whole room of bees, man. And Art. Bees and art. And we, like put them together and see what happens! i bet bees really Dig Art, Couse Art is cool and bees are cool.And they make a really buzzing sound!. the bees not the Art.

So, after the scientist had eaten a lot of pizza and slept it off, and then woke up to find out that some1 had given them a whole bunch of money for the bee thing, they probably asked themselves one Q?: okey what now?

Because quiet who this experiment benefits, or how, is a bit of a mystery to me. Except, unless, maybe it benefits the Bees.

I mean, possible these wonderful science guys are opening up a whole new world of meaning for our lil buzzy friends; above and beyond servicing the needs of the Queen and of making Honey. With some art appreciation under their belt, who knows how far a bee could go....Minister of the Arts, perhaps...!

So there are the bees and they are flying around those scientist guys- for some reason as to be determined-are countinghow many times they landed on the gauguin as apposed to Van gogh. and how on hell do we know that these bees landed on what ever painting they landed on.

As it turned out, the bees (surprise, surprise) landed most on Sunflowers. May because, Geez, I dont know, it looks like a damn flower? But how do we know they didnt land on it coz they were tired of buzzing around the room, dodging all these strange lookin men with pencils and clipboards?

whatever the bees were doing, the more interesting Q? that remains is: what the hell were the Scientists thinking?

Any one with brian cells can tell that bees like to land on flowers, bees cant really tell the difference between real flowers and paintings of flowers.

It seems like something people with too many brians might do jsut because they can.....

cheers

Johnny B   

Very intresting indeed !!

Had i been one of those Bees i sure had landed on a girl painting more often than i´d landed on Gaguun´s paintings.

Van gogh is Dutch therefore he can´t paint :D

On a serious note Foxy ... Maybe the experiment was just about that , that Bees can´t deferenciate a fake flower from a real one .

Now your sound assumption that Bees can´t deferentiate is now scientifically proven.

Science at it´s best :D

Jumatatu   

Talk about a weird scientist and you can bet that Johhny B will pop up somewhere...wonder what is the link in here..? :confused:

:D:D:D

Foxy   

J Bravo....You with chicks, chicks, chicks would be very very happy in any experiment, I bet with the exclusion of less geeky scientists hanging around, it would also yield a whole new outlook to the above experiment. :D:D

Now to the above scientists, Surely, there is lot to be said for the purity of knowledge; of finding things out just because we are humans with big brains and because we can abd because maybe something good will/might come out of it but we are not sure yet.

Which is why I would like to know: If you put a group of scientists in a room with a whole lot of bees and some paintings, How man times will the scientists get stung?

Now there's somehting worth finding out.

PS J Bravo Van Gogh Vincent is well-regarded as one of the greatest and most famous artists, ever. His life and work has inspired and influenced much of art history .......Do U have a thing or two against the Dutch JB?

:D

cheers

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Talk about a weird scientist and you can bet that Johhny B will pop up somewhere...wonder what is the link in here..? :confused:

What are you implying you lil Sujui chimp?

that i n Foxy should be placed in a Zoo next to the Apes with a sign that says : Man ?

Man you haven´t seen me cumb Foxy´s hair real fast. :D:D

Originally posted by Foxy:

I bet with the exclusion of less geeky scientists hanging around, it would also yield a whole new outlook to the above experiment.

36_12_6.gif

Originally posted by Foxy:

Which is why I would like to know: If you put a group of scientists in a room with a whole lot of bees and some paintings, How man times will the scientists get stung?

Now there's somehting worth finding out.

The outcome of such an experiment could be anything , but a crucial factor would be the number of armbits of the female scientists who can´t be without a prefume plus the few male african scientists whose oudor suffocates the Bee

PS i´ve one single thing against the Dutch , they´re so liberal and drug freindly that you can´t tell if their artist is a genius or just high . :D

Foxy   

J bravo I Can see u laughing your head off........anything to do with U and any chicks combinations would make U Crack up like there is no 2morrow dear!!

On the contrary I have a thing or two for the dutch for being so so liberal abd believe that they are the bombs of the Europeans, and that most Europeans should adopt their liberism on certain Aspects of life........then in that case mose europeans would be much more mellow and easy going folks with less stress and daily worries.....

I might be pro dutch since I have been there more than a few times and am a firm believer that they have a good thing going on, and am a pro believer of thier political movement. As a country, the Netherlands has a liberal image which stems from pragmatism and a 'live and let live' attitude. This his has been a plus for me when ever I visted the netherlands and have alot of respect for the Dutch as I have found out to be freindly and usefully when new to a city or lost in that matter......

apart from that I happen to have a few dutch friends and happen to be pro dutch.... :D:D

PS Have been to Holland more than a few times and love every moment spent their due to friendly people like the Dutch :cool: :cool:

cheers

cheers