Sign in to follow this  
Malika

If these are;

Malika   

I came across this "supposedly angry letter to the guardian" circulating around the school,it wasnt circulated by the pupils[which you would expect]but it is done by members of the teaching staff,they made so many copies to go in each staff room/lockers.

It got me thinking,if these are the educators,whom are meant to educate,to enlight a young mind,and yet not educated themselves enough, the question is ; what are they doing in an educational institute?

Here is the piece of ignorance they obviously feel is necessary for all staff to read:

Angry letter – The Guardian 2006

Dear Sir,

I am getting sick to death about hearing about so called poverty. Comic relief, Children in Need, Oxfam adverts its all there seems to be on television nowadays. Why it that all we keep hearing about is those who have missed a couple of meals?

Only a few people are really poor and poverty isn’t that bad really. I know people who can only afford the basic Sky package so there are lots of people in this country who are poor. Why should I give money to help other countries?

If they have a problem feeding people its obvious that there are too many people in their country and that hey should stop having so many children

Is it our fault the price of stuff keeps going up, nobody has to trade it’s a free world. In the great days of the empire nobody helped us. I say let them help themselves! In fact we helped them countries develop by buying what they produce like sugar, tea and rubber. Most of these poor countries have plenty of land. So what do they do with it? Half the time all they do is grow corps to sell!! So why don’t they grow food? I would like to remind them of the old saying “feed your own people first” Mind you many people will tell you that this is because of unfair trade .How ridiculous!

Why should we send them money when they already owe our banks more money than they can ever pay back? I have just recently got back from my safari in Tanzania and I didn’t see anyone starving.

They only need rickety huts any way as the weather is so good and why are these people always ill, why don’t they just go to the doctor. We’ve had droughts but we manage

So come on you red nose lot, stop trying to pull my heart strings, what more do you want us to do??

Angrily

Mr. I. A .M. OK

Should these people be educating??

I agree with them to some extent.

Africa and the third world (as it is called) should work hard to develop their contries and work for their own people instead of beggin those whites to death.

Ibtisam   

done by members of the teaching staff

You are kidding right?, no wonder kids can hardly speak/ write and understand English these days :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I don't agree with him, but I don't agree with handouts, and these charities (some) are contributing to poverty by making them dependent rather than self sufficient, hence the whole new focus on sustainability etc.

ME, me, and my country is a morally corrupt way to bring up kids, and I know for sure that people send their kids to school to learn and develop their own mental capability to critically look at the world, not to be forced to hear the angry opinions of their teachers, who wishes to indoctrinate his twisted vision of the world. :mad: Can you report him Kahina?

Teachers are not their to making up your mind, but rather help you explore the options.

NGONGE   

^^ A weak parody. Still, it seems to have got through your defences (I'm assuming Dahia is pulling your legs, you two). :D