Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

CAN Y'ALL BELIEVE THAT?

"MUSLIM APOSTATES CAST OUT AND AT RISK FROM FAITH AND FAMILY"

(february 5, 2005)on Free Republic

While Christians who turn to Islam are feted, the 200,000 Muslims who turn away are faced with abuse, violence and even murder

The first brick was thrown through the sitting room window at one in the morning, waking Nissar Hussein, his wife and five children with a terrifying start. The second brick went through his car window.

It was a shock, but hardly a surprise. The week before, another brick had been thrown through the window as the family were preparing for bed in their Bradford home. The victim of a three-year campaign of religious hatred, Mr Hussein’s car has also been rammed and torched, and the steps to his home have been strewn with rubbish.

He and his family have been regularly jostled, abused, attacked, shouted at to move out of the area, and given death threats in the street. His wife has been held hostage inside their home for two hours by a mob. His car, walls and windows have been daubed in graffiti: “Christian ba$!a#@".

The problem isn’t so much what Mr Hussein, whose parents came from Pakistan, believes, but what he doesn’t believe. Born into Islam, he converted eight years ago to Christianity, and his wife, also from Pakistan, followed suit.

While those who convert to Islam, such as Cat Stevens, Jemima Khan, and the sons of the Frank Dobson, the former Health Secretary, and Lord Birt, the former BBC Director-General, can publicly celebrate their new religion, those whose faith goes in the other direction face persecution. Mr Hussein, a 39-year-old hospital nurse in Bradford, is one of a growing number of former Muslims in Britain who face not just being shunned by family and community, but attacked, kidnapped, and in some cases killed.

And to add to this..what's up with that chick Ayan Hirsi Ali? Is she mentally okay??? :confused:

Pucca   

:rolleyes: did they expect their families to be all dandy bout their new faith? the nerve of some people!

I guess so...personally if one of my family memeber converted to any other religin, I wouldn't speak to he/she. Clear as that. redface.gif

Iwouldn't attack you.....but u sure ain't gettin' no luv. :(

Castro   

The beauty of living in a western country is the ability to believe (for the most part) what you want to believe without fearing for your life.

It is sadly ironic that some of the same people who sought assylum for fear of persecution in their homelands are perpetrating the same acts. What's even more sad is who they're committing these crimes against. Probably the most defenseless members of society. Much like they themselves were back home.

If you look at my signature below, you can understand where I'm coming from. If you'd like to read the complete article where that quote is from, point your browser to: A Designer Universe

As for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, I'm more bothered by her membership in a right wing government that is anti immigration and immigrants while herself being an immigrant. Much like a black person in America joining the KKK. Go figure.

Honesita   

I once had a Kurdish friend who converted to Christianity....she was the sweetest person ever..!! Islam is a way of life not just a religion....the Koran is an amazing miracle in our hands today.....and simply...Islam is the religion of truth.....which is why those who convert are greatly admired..!! However, when i hear of a Muslim who converted to any other religion, i feel so sorry for them walaahi..!! Simply because they have not studied Islam enough to leave it...! My Kurdish friend had never read the Quran or even prayed before she decided Islam was not the religion for her. She knew her father forced her to wear the hijab, forced her mother to wear hijab, beat the hell out of her mother and got drunk every night...!! When she questioned, he reasoned that in Islam men can do what ever they want...!!

StPaulChick...not to speaking to someone who neglected Islam wont help them realize their wrong doing......talking to them and understanding their reason might help..!!

As for Ayan Hirsi....waa caaqad....pple her type are the ones who convince me that Shaytaan exists and is quite persistant..!!

Salaamz...!!