Sign in to follow this  
Eccentric Nomad

ciyaar somali

Assalamu alaikum everyone, and ramadan kariim..im hoping you guys can help me out inshallah..this summer i went to somaliland or the first time and i fell in love with my country and the culture not what i was expecting at all..let me just get to the point though, i saw some ciyaar somali that i found beautiful and i love hido uyo dhaqan but thing was i couldnt understand a word they were saying..in a few months my wedding is coming up inshallah and i dont want any music and want it to be traditional and have my cousins and friends dance ciyaar somali..so what i really want to find out is..does any one know the words..one is called Heeri mahee i think, the other is saylici..i think it starts with 'bismilaahi salaalah calaa hooyaa lee..' something like that and theres another one i managed to find the words it starts with 'nahobaaliyo hoobaloow hoobaa war hobaalikalaan kaleenahayey'..and does anyone know any where in london where they teach the dance or contact to someone who knows it properly..ive looked on youtube but they seem to differ from each other or are there just different ways of doing the same ciyaar?? sometimes the words are not the same aswell...ANY help would be very much appreciated..

salam

Indhoos   

The only thing I know is that the words differ because the events are different. Example, Amaan, Duco, Gubaabo iyo wixii la mid ah. I think there are some elders who know the ciyaar and can make-up the word just like buranbur...Good luck.