Name: Abdi Jama

Lives: Liverpool

Born: 01.11.82, Burao, SOM

Club: Wolverhampton Rhinos

Coach: Murray Treseder

Position: Guard

Category: 1.0 point

Games attended: None

WCh: 5th Amsterdam NED Jul 06. ECh: silver Wetzlar GER Aug 07. PWC: bronze Manchester GBR May 06; bronze Manchester GBR 07; silver Manchester GBR May 08. One of two 1-pt players in GBR squad for Beijing, where he makes PG debut. Sustained spinal injury after falling out of a window. Sporting hero is Muhammed Ali. Enjoys bowling and football.

I was watching tonight this basketball game between USA and GB when I spoted this somali-looking dude in Team GB and later found out that he is actually a somali. Team GB won hard-faught game by 54 50. He was in and out (substitution) several times but helped the Team GB beat the USA. Because of he was so good there I must say I was dissapointed with the coach he didnt let this brother play more minutes in the game.

Abtigiis   

Allamagan, he is not somali looking. In the typical sense. He is afro-american looking; but if you look closely, you can detect the somali blood. Dhiigeenuu lee yahay yarku.

Urban   

Wow no way, this can't be the guy I used to see in Granby (liverpool) nearly everyday! Mashallah, if it is him, I'm happy that he made it out of that beautiful dump.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Allamagan, he is not somali looking. In the typical sense. He is afro-american looking; but if you look closely, you can detect the somali blood. Dhiigeenuu lee yahay yarku.

A&T, you right with this picture maybe lil more afro amaricano qacda hore, laakineto you should see him mix in there with all other black players and you immediately tell that there is a farax among these guys. I saw him again this evening playing against Brazil.

Wishing the lad all the success and with bigger contracts coming in the future.

N.O.R.F   

^^Can't see the pic.

Originally posted by Urban:

Wow no way, this can't be the guy I used to see in Granby (liverpool) nearly everyday! Mashallah, if it is him, I'm happy that he made it out of that beautiful dump.

:D