Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A Prophet (Un Prophète) film to watch

The Godfather by far is one of the greatest movies in history, pat II was as good as the original, the third was quite a disappointment and should not have been done. It’s more than a Gangster flick and if one is looking for mindless action with no story or nuance then those movies are clearly not for you. La Hain again is a good film, but it can not be compared to the Godfather movies, they are of two different genres. This new movies one hopes will set a benchmark for this century.

Khayr   

A very entertaining movie that is unpredictible.

It reminds me of clockers, a chess game where the poor dude outsmarts them all.

What I don't get is -

What is his purpose at the end?

Is it to get out alive?

To be "Cesar"?

To be a Muslim?

This movice has been nominated for an oscar.

These Oscar nominations are a joke. I saw 'A Serious Man' and it was the most incredibly mind-numbing film I've ever had to endure in a cinema. I dont even remember what it was about!

Then there is the over-hyped and sorely predictable Avatar. Animations! schenimations!, it didnt do it for me at all.

Up in the air - again, another wasted day at the cinema. Wouldnt mind seeing it at home but definitely not Oscar worthy.

An education is the only film I enjoyed. Not spectacular but a well written script.

Overall, mostly mediocre films in most categories.

Planning to see the prophet soon - I hope its worth the time.

^^^I agree most of these Oscar nominated movies were a bore, except for District 9, Invicus and I have not yet seen Hurt Locker yet.

Un Prophet should be coming out in the middle of February in the US.

Juje   

Filamka cawa waxa ku jira dhac, xod-xodasho,

atooraha wa dofar dofar dhaley, ninki goyana wa dayus.

FG. waxa dhaman dadweynaha la ogeeyisinaya in waqtiga BBCda la demiin doono filamka si lo wada dhageysto aqbarta aduunka - waxa kalo ka dhex heleysa shinemada oo bec jaban ah 'cad & caano'.

All the heavy shellings and desperation around Sharif Hotels, Priosn oops I meant Villa Somalia is clearly having its toll on the mental health of some people. :confused:

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

All the heavy shellings and desperation around Sharif Hotels, Priosn oops I meant Villa Somalia i

Abti nacnac maku siiya - wa maxay sidi dhalan shaley dhashey ayad uu hadleysa.