Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

why other honers obsessed with Somalis?

There was a Brazil-based forum I had come across a few years ago.

What surprised me was a whole section dedicated to Soomaalidda, whereas the rest of Africans had one section lumped.

Alas, my expections were dimished by a few Soomaalis on that forum who, even on a Brazili forum, isku kala bixinaaye qabiil, a couple of them desperately trying to "educate" [miseducate, actually] the disinterested shisheeyaha on that forum about peculiar sub-sub-clans of Soomaalidda.

Yes, there are a lot discussion boards up there where Soomaalis are displayed disproportionally. Oromadda kaliya are twice of what we number, yet ... Perhaps then again Oroma people are not found every darn corner on this Earth.

Malika   

I think there is something peculiar about Somalis.

I work in a comprehensive secondary school with a population of 1400 pupils and 500 of those pupils are from Minority groups.. guess who are the most popular one, who is the most talked about group...Yep! The Somalis.Every fight that happens on the campus, always there is a little faraax involved, statics of permanently excluded pupils of minority ethnic, yep, the little faraaxs lead the way..

Outside the school they are well known to the local police, with reputation of gangsterism et

And these are kids born or bred in the west, iskaa daa these whom have just joined us from Somalia.

So what is it with us?

Chimera   

There are 11 or 12 Somali members 6 of them being really active on that forum there are 2 Ethiopians with 1 being really active and 1 or 2 Eritrean, so it makes sense

there are to many ''Somalis'' on non Somali forums on the net this is counter productive cause when there together they going to feel as if there on a ''Somali forum'' and take all their garbage and put it out in the open forgetting there on a forum that is being shared by other groups

now you have non Somalis talking about Hawiiya,D-ir,I-saq,D-arod because of these silly Somalis and their af xumo(very shamefull)

that is why i don't post on forums with to many Somalis unless it's a ''Somali forum''

So it's not that horners are obsessed with Somalis it's the Somalis that put the spotlight on themselves

Peacenow   

Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale, thank you for bringing light to it.

I thought the answer must be as clear-cut as that. Otherwise, why would all these people, spend their time, writing about Somalis.