Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Do you concentrate on the problem or do you concentrate on the solution ?

Jaabir   

Back in the late 60’s when NASA was exploring the space astronauts faced a major problem, their pens didn’t work in space, and that happened because pens rely partially on gravity. See the Ink flows down the barrel to the tiny ball in the tip. As the ball rolls, it transfers ink onto the paper…. so since they were in space with zero gravity their pens didn’t work... To solve this problem NASA contracted a scientific research company called Anderson Consulting, this company’s physics scientists spent 10 years of research to come up with a design to a pen that would work in space and underwater.. basicly their solution was to pressuriz the barrel of the pen; the pressure will then push the ink toward the pen's tip and therefore allow it to write. this simple discovery came with a hefty cost of 10 million dollars. :eek: :eek:

the Russian Space program faced the same shit in their first expedition to space too.. so instead of pens they used pencils !!! :D:D

This made me wonder :rolleyes: .. when we get in trouble, do we concentrate on the problem or concentrate on the solution ?!!

I have noticed that most people keep the problem in their head as a vague idea and can so often get lost in what they are trying to solve that no solution seems to fit…… add to that the confusion and state of frustration caused by your problem which will evidently impair your judgment.. So I guess my question is this…..

Do you concentrate on the problem or do you concentrate on the solution ?

To the big Thinkers... holler back if you feel me on this one ;)

lolzzz

Americans are slow,

well, if i have a problem that i cant solve, i head for my bed!

i sleep it over, and when i awake, i think more rationally!

before my sleep, i think about the problem

after i awake, i think about the solution!

Miriam1   

Jokes, i do the same exact thing Sista..

I concentrate on the solution once the problem is out of my system..first naturally i obesses on the problem itself, how and why in Gods name it came to being..u know the usual, but once i can start thinking rationally i concentrate on ways to get out of it.

P.s I cant believe they spend 10 million :eek:

Bachelor   

Interesting point Darman!

As a nomad, i believe one has to concentrate on the core issue, which is "what cause this problem". Knowing the couse of the problem is half of your answer. Therefore, i do concentrate on the problem.

Fii amani'illah