Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

17 terror suspects arrested in Toronto

Canada terror suspect charges made public

By BETH DUFF-BROWN, Associated Press Writer

38 minutes ago

BRAMPTON, Ontario - At least one member of a group of terror suspects plotted to storm Canada's parliament and behead officials, including the prime minister, if Muslim prisoners in Canada and Afghanistan were not released, according to charges made public Tuesday.

Authorities also alleged that Steven Vikash Chand plotted to take over media outlets such as the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

"There's an allegation apparently that my client personally indicated that he wanted to behead the prime minister of Canada," attorney Gary Batasar said. "It's a very serious allegation. My client has said nothing about that."

Chand is a 25-year-old restaurant worker from Toronto. Charges were expected to be read against at least some of the other suspects Tuesday.

Batasar spoke outside the courthouse, where bail hearings for 10 of the 17 suspects were postponed.

He said the charges were based on fear-mongering by government officials.

Source

There is slidshow you can view if you click on source.

Snake-i   

you truly believe this, what kind of fools will think that they can behead the PM?

A 16 year old somali kid is part of it, so they claim

Originally posted by Snake-i:

you truly believe this, what kind of fools will think that they can behead the PM?

It's not matter of believe, that's ill affordable lexury in a time of hightened emotions. Perception is killer here and like it or lump it muslims are increasingly viewed as the enemy from within.

I hope and pray the accused are all cleared but this case has the trappings of another, squandered of course: London, Madrid, Bali etc. You got all the hallmarks... group appearing to harbour affinity for virulent, murderous ideology, Imaams who radicalize, charge up young disenchanted boy's otherwise benign valence with proponsity for violence... the whole gamut.

Let's wait and see.