Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Decision Day on England World Cup Bid

I can just picture it: they get the bid and are knocked out on the first stage. Lets save ourselves the humiliation and pray we don’t get it.

p.s God help us from the football hooligans that will descend upon us if that happens.

:D

N.O.R.F   

I was a teenager working at a ground hosting Euro 96 matches. The atmosphere in the city was fantastic and got to see Figo et al strut their stuff for a few minutes here and there. It would be great for all that to happen again.

Come on England!

Yipee smile.gif I guess you don't have worry England being humiliated in their own country Cl.

Russians need this to get out of the dark ages they live in with its rampant xenophobia and mafia style rule-best of luck to them.

Norf..Unbelievable indeed, Qatar getting 2022 does surprise me but this could be good for the region and the game will go truly global with the exception of Aussies and Kiwis.

The efforts of Cameron and Clinton didn't pay off :D

N.O.R.F   

Did Cameroun bid? LoL

Wow. Qataris have done it. Surprised everyone. Now they will develop the country in rapid time.

Surprised England didn't get it but FIFA wanted to go to new places. England only have themselves to blame for losing out on 2006 and now.

Norf-David Cameron that's.He and Clinton were spearheading the final push to get the nomination for their respective countries. The Yanks were hoping to host 2022.

Duke..It could be about politics since the former Eastern bloc and Arab world never hosted the WC-in any case smart move.

N.O.R.F   

They are partying in Doha.

12 stadia to build. 10 to be relocated to Africa and Asia after the world cup. Great news.

^I haven't seen the ad. Your Western European dominance is waning down.

12 stadia to build. 10 to be relocated to Africa and Asia after the world cup

Come again?

N.O.R.F   

^The English waa bilaa edeb. Everyone else understands what goes on at FIFA. Why shoot yourself in the foot? Istubid.

Cheh, yes. They will relocate the majority of the stadiums (which will be temporary facilities) to less fortunate countries. I have put in a bid to get a 40,000 stadium relocatyed to Burco :D

That was the winning ticket. The prince was in tears when talking.