Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Deficiency!

Nephissa   

Ngone if you wrote this piece in a hurry, wonder what you'll write when you'r not in a hurry!

Very creative, you nailed it on the head, especially the culture differences.

Just a quick point out:

If the characters in Somalia knew so little about the western lifestyle, then how did they know about homos(very rare in Somalia.) Doesn't that indicate they'r not so disconnected from the outside world like the piece suggests. Be consistent, and thanks for another worthwile read.

Krupt33   

You got my vote on the Nobel prise of Literature...

ps. If you eva write a book I would be the first to buy it.....

The above story is a work of fiction and none of the characters in it are real. In addition, it was my aim to leave it open to all manner of interpretation and not give my personal take on the issue.

Exactly NGONGE, what’s the issue?

Interesting story. Reminds me somewhat of Shakespeare’s “A Comedy of errorsâ€.

Initially I thought Brown here(Imagine that!) had a valid point about her sexual orientation, but since you were prudent enough to paint her the god-fearing, Hijab wearing woman in the end… I’ve no reason to believe being educated and living in a free society would lead her to claim being a Muslim and a homosexual (both).

Am lead to blv this is just another boredom write-up with no underlying meaning for me to decipher. :D

N.O.R.F   

There are 3 or four debates/discussions/essays within the piece.

1) Cultural differences - Nimco living alone has lead to gossip and rumours

2) Gossip and rumours - why do we gossip too much?

3) FGM - a serious issue 'still' to be addressed back home.

4) The obstacles faced by one who wishes to go back home and make a difference.

5) Is one willing to put up with BS when he/she does move home to work/live?

6) Why doesnt NGONGE actually do any work?

^^

I don’t have the patience for the 1st 5 hair-splitting topics. But the last one is interesting (and worth discussing!)

This is my take on the man – He is super efficient. Only Ngonge can write 10 substance packed posts on SOL, listen to the worldly worries of his colleagues (what’s become of the wailing woman horta?), fulfil the requirements of his demanding and quite tedious job, manage to break away for lunch and see the outside and then attend to his young cubs and mother and still give us hrs long lectures on paltalk! ….. all in a days work.

Ga’cantaan u taagey ninkan. He is unique.

p.s. I’m no stalker mr.ngonge, but if I was, I’m sure you’d be more flattered than anything else! icon_lol.gif

Jumatatu   

Raami saxiib shatigada ha ka weynaniin, dadka qaar in ay ka turaan ay rabaan been ayey ku sheegayaan. If you keep listening to them you will change your name to Mark Twain.

36_2_9.gif

Raami saxiib shatigada ha ka weynaniin, dadka qaar in ay ka turaan ay rabaan been ayey ku sheegayaan. If you keep listening to them you will change your name to Mark Twain.

Juma, Come on man, give credit where its due,hes not bad of a writer. the brother will shame mark Twain & Forresst Gump all @once. :D

Amethyst, LOL.Paid a lil too much attention eh?

whats a stalker by any other name... *axem*

Jeelusiya?,is that a language they speak in Phantamasgoria?(if thats a habitable place) ;)

lool@Dinho well spotted on point 6

Ngonge you have a talent for engaging the nomads with either fictious stories facts or trivia like your Boredom and Rude-Boy posts. Whens ur first book coming out :cool: .

I thought more than anything else it was a very funny story :D , mis-understandings, stubborn-ness and the un-willingness of both nimco and the other somali women to meet in the middle a somali story if i can generalize slightly lol.

Keep them coming