Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL DAY!

STOIC   

The world marked annual world environment day yesterday.From San Francisco to Japan People were urged yesterday to think about how they could make the planet a healthier place to live.World environmental day is one day of the year when people, think, discuss problems related to the environment and figure out how to solve them and prevent further degeneration.In Islam man is seen only as Allah's representative(khalifa) on this earth.The Quran is specific on this issue since in the Quran Allah says "Then we appointed you after them to be khalifah(successors) in the earth so we might observe how you could act"(Q 10:14).This is a warning to us the mankind not to loot Allah's earth.The world today is full of corruption perpetrated by humans on all fronts of our lives.Many civilization have come and gone but once industrial revolution took place there were two consequence that were experienced:wealth was created which lead to human invention of cars, planes, and ships.This industriliazation has come with great deal of comfort and good while at the same time it had come with bad environmental news.Today we have experienced great deal of environmental disaster in Somalia and many poor third world countries.Yesterday i tried to keep up with the news hoping that the united nations will adress the Somalia issue with great consideration but they did not.What does this tell as a collective people who should care for their back yard?.We should take a heed and came a grip with our problems.It is worth reminding ourselves that Allah himself have instructed as to be his representative on this earth!.Today Somalia is sitting on the brink of a major environmental disaster that needs to be addressed-perhaps if you would have written to the authorities it would have made a difference!.We need to return to the nexus of environmental awareness in our neighbourhoods.We all have moral and civic obligations to keep the planet unpolluted.Our government have obligations too that make sures environmental laws are not broken.

***I have written the above while doing other things, sorry for any grammatical or spelling mistakes***

^Good stuff kid.

Am feeling your environmental campaign.

I have planted numerous trees, i drive an eco freindly CAR and i recycle soda cans.

good stuff,son icon_razz.gif

STOIC   

^^^^Thanks Afro, i decided to tackle the environmental issue from our religious perspective this time.Awhile back i wrote a topic about the earth then our brother Viking reminded me that Allah himself have commanded us to take care of the earth.At the time i was only versed with the scientific point of view.I tried to research on what the Quran says about the environment-i was impressed with what i found.I wasn't aware that there are one hundred ayat of the Quran that addresed the environmental issue (biah).In Islam wastage is prohibited and those who waste have been likened to the shaytan!.This applies as i have understood it any kind of waste-i stand to be corrected!.Islam prohibits corruption and mischief on earth too.We the muslims need to value the notion of trusteeship and accountability on our planet.We must celebrate and support the rest of the world on any environmental improvement issues.

SoMa_InC   

^^^^^Sup Uncle Stoic?

Considering where you hail from, I think you should do something about the environment down there. Things there are very disgraceful in deed!