Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Bully Boss

STOIC   

Some times do you feel like you despise your boss to the extent of not even wanting to say hello to him/her in the morning. I don’t like my boss . I think she is a bully. I currently have three bosses (crazy company, right?). I indirectly report to two of those bosses while I directly report to my laboratory manager (I call her the witch.).She is a back stabbing coward who likes to shove all her responsibilities to analysts. She loves to see other employees in hot seat while she covers her faults by blaming her subordinates.

This week some thing happened in the laboratory that none of the analyst had anything to do with it. She got a harsh warning from up top. Instead of her handling her problems in the utmost professional way she started parading her emails to us the analyst. What kind of a leader can’t even keep his or her correspondent with the management confidential? This morning she convened an “urgent meeting” in the lab expecting us to show a sympathy for her. I for one never give a hoot about her conflict with the management team. I thought the Karma was catching up with her. This week the management fired a nice manager in one of the other laboratory over the quality of her work. My current boss thinks that the real fire is coming maybe to her. I feel sorry for the other manager who was fired, but I doubt if I will ever feel remorse for a bully who wants to be friendly whenever it fits her needs.

This weekend she invited a group of us for a lunch at her expense. Part of me wants to turn down the offer while another part of me wants to make a good impression until my approaching performance review is over.Although I believe one only get a raise or promotion because of his/her outstanding ability to solve a major project problem or completed a new responsibility in a timely manner, but sometimes this things do come with a little kiss ***. This is the true nature of the business world nowadays. I try to stay focused on the purpose and goals of my work nature, but sometimes it is hard to concentrate when you have a hostile finger pointing boss :mad: .

Miriam1   

Oh my god! Arent women bosses the worst? I am sorry, but I have never had a woman as my boss until now and I simply cannot stand her. I know this cannot be generlized. BUT some women are just evil, and power hungry and such BIG BIG horrid like biatches.

Take it easy and stick in there, today was the worst for me seriously was thinking of quiting even though I love my job and love the people I work for, But i will not and refuse for some racist horrid evil little minion, make me quit.

The thing that kils me is that these people are so BAD at what they do, they suck and should be fired if anyone in power has some brain power. All my evil manager does all day is take personal phone calls in How does that kind of person manage 20 ppl? how?

How do we survive these things? I cant kiss ***, I dont know HOW! I sweare in University we should have been not taught Management 101, but KISS *** 101..that would have been useful.

Anyway. Poster. Good Luck. I am going back to workopolis. Inshallah I will find something better. who knows!

Awlugeeye why not Fataxa isugu mari weysen in la eryo? smile.gif Anyway I do understand the dilemma here, however it all depends on how you play the game with her and especially at very low profile and also to prioritize things. And when the day she really needs you guys' help & support comes in then why not give her the finger that she deserved.

I had once a similar situation, you know most of IT people have their own offices some where remote or far corner offices near the server rooms (in most unpleasant places). I remember we were 6 people in IT dept including this bully and always farting boss. He did this numerous times and quite openly. you would often hear this "dhiiiq" somewhere near you and I personally could handle him being a bully, but hell no to the farting. It was exremly unbearable for us all and a very disgusting situation to be in. Everyone of us was happy with his/her job, good sallary but no one dares to mention this to him. I paid the price when I finally confronted him. So it is about making choices no matter the outcome. I complained to his boss and his boss wanted to hear more from my colleagues as well where they regrettably let me down by not supporting me or doing their bit to stop this. sidii ayaan ku shubay annigu ayaguna malaha bahashii ku cabayeen! smile.gif

Pujah   

I think as an employee your ultimate job is to make your boss look good which in turn makes you the shinning star. Believe it or not f your boss is not meeting his/her dept targets the only thing it means is that you're not doing your job.

my two cents