Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Gardening Anyone-Need Tips

Khayr   

Assalamun caliykum,

Waryadha,

Have any of you nomads any experience or familiarity with GARDENING?

Do you know of Any sites that might be useful?

I want to try it out inshallah and since we are in March, it might be a good time to start-or am I too late?

Pi   

Sowie! Dunno anthying about it. But I cant help but ask: are you sure that Gardening is not Bid'ah? Besides, way too many Kaafirs consider it their favourite pastime. I wanna be different and stick with the pure Sunnah, so count me out. :D

STOIC   

Khyar, Did you know that People are more inclined to get outdoors and exercise when their surroundings are greener? How about Children with attention deficit are better able to concentrate or follow directions after they have beeen around natural settings.I know this may sound a bit sappy to you or anyone who is reading these words, but it is a fact that there is a correlation between a greener community and the average physical excercise.Gardens makes communities/houses livable.These are several sites I recommend for you to visit: Fine Gardening

Horticultural

Organic Gardening

sexinyourgarden3oe.jpg

PS Khayr, the Picture is there as a joke, Nothing serious...... :D .....I hate the Disclaimers...

Khayr   

Originally posted by Pi:

Sowie! Dunno anthying about it. But I cant help but ask: are you sure that Gardening is not Bid'ah? Besides, way too many Kaafirs consider it their favourite pastime. I wanna be
different
and stick with the pure Sunnah, so count me out.
:D

I could use some of the Manure that you wrote for my garden. Thanks! :D

Originally posted by Pi:

Sowie! Dunno anthying about it. But I cant help but ask: are you sure that Gardening is not Bid'ah? Besides, way too many Kaafirs consider it their favourite pastime. I wanna be
different
and stick with the pure Sunnah, so count me out.
:D

Ha ha ha. When I saw the topic name I immediately thought, "isn't gardening too much of a secular lifestyle choice for Khayr?", but you beat me to it! :D

Khayr,

I once belonged to a Young Farmers Association. What do you want do? Lay a lawn? Plant flowers? Other types of plants?

Maf Kees   

Khayr I strongly advise you to abandon your hobby. Gardening makes you passive, something unacceptable in Islam. You are wasting valuable time that you could use for reading the Qur'an. Khayr you are getting softer these days. I suggest fasting for a few days to straighten you out. What's the matter with you man.

Castro   

Khayr has lost his moral compass. Engaging in gardening is a kaafir activity that encourages MORAL RELATIVISM. Indeed, it's behavior unbecoming a Muslim nomad.

Here's more manure for you good Khayr. :D

Khayr   

^^^

Yet, more posts to use as MANURE for my garden.

Ahura,

Young Farmers Association? Yeah Right~

I can imagine you being part of a 'Reader's Club' or a 'Bollywood Fan club' but not the Young Farmers Association. :rolleyes:

Stoic,

Did you know that People are more inclined to get outdoors and exercise when their surroundings are greener? How about Children with attention deficit are better able to concentrate or follow directions after they have beeen around natural settings.I know this may sound a bit sappy to you or anyone who is reading these words, but it is a fact that there is a correlation between a greener community and the average physical excercise.Gardens makes communities/houses livable.

I agree and it helps with our 'state of mind' and disposition, as well as helping has reflect on God's Bounty and Generosity .

LOL@ u lot.

I've been tempted to join and so I shall.

Khayr, isnt gardening sort of feminine? Too Feminine for a man who blvs in the ardent separation of gender roles? :D

Originally posted by Khayr:

Ahura,

Young Farmers Association? Yeah Right~

I can imagine you being part of a 'Reader's Club' or a 'Bollywood Fan club' but not the Young Farmers Association. :rolleyes:

What do you mean? And why are you rolling your eyes at me? Don't you want gardening tips? I'm quite good you know. I used to plant tomatoes in my little plot when I was 5 years old.

I don't even know why I'm offering my help. You're such an ungrateful cow. :rolleyes:

K, man, talk to them, talk to them, plants love that. Only turn the CAPS LOCK off before you do. Leaving it on is enough to force the poor creatures to pull themselves out by their roots and flap their leaves in an effort to get away.