Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Did you know?

Curly   

I heard about this a while back, but you know how it is...I thought it was just the islamo's sheeko, but there was some truth to it. I found this article:

11 May '01

Africa Becomes Nuclear Dumping Ground

A recent study by an independent Italian investigative agency has revealed that Africa is fast becoming a dumping ground for the radioactive waste of rich Western countries. According to the report, thousands of tons of deadly substances are regularly unloaded off the coasts of Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea, Algeria and Mozambique in a lucrative 'eco-mafia' ring worth an estimated US$7 billion per year. The Italian environmental organization, Ligambiente 2001, claims that over 600,000 tons of radioactive material are currently lying on the ocean floor off the western Sahara coast alone. In addition, three of the world's largest illegal dumping grounds are located in Somalia, where forced laborers are made to handle the waste without any protective clothing or equipment.

Sources say radioactive rubbish is transported in heavy metal containers via cargo vessel and simply thrown overboard at its destination, where it sinks to to bottom of the sea. Lloyds of London is currently looking into several cases in which ships carrying radioactive waste to African coastal areas are believed to have been deliberately sunk and then reported as accidents. At present, there are no heavy penalties for the illegal trafficking of waste; violators are subject only to minor administrative sanctions, which pale in comparison to the enormous profits generated by this new form of environmental and humanitarian crime.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/scoop/afr/som.htm

Liqaye   

Salaams sue.

This article just proves what many somali fishermen have been whispering about.

African coastlines are the prefered dumping groung for this lucrative bussiness because they cannot patrol and police their own boders let alone their territorial waters.

I watched a program a while back talking about the fishing industry in the senegal, this country earns 25% of its G.D.P from fishing but yet it has only 2 patrol ships to protect 200 miles of E.E.Z (exclusive economic Zone) just two ships you could bury atlantis west of maputo, mombasa or mogadishu and we would not know anything about it :eek: .

Recently there was a phenomena streching from Lamu in kenya all the way to Kismayu were millions of tonnes of fish just floated up to the surface of the sea, dead and yellowish, they say itsbecause of change of climate.

I say pull the other leg sonny jim its got bells on it.

Thats why they should be a Death Squad out there to Take out the Warlords, while the reign continues untold amount of damage will continue to occur to the Natural resources that do exist.

For example I good friend of mine told me of the illegal trade that exist in somali area's of Timber burning to produce coal for the Arbian Gulf countries. Does anyone even know about this??

The difference between north or south for me although real is not a fundemental issue of debate, wat ever position you hold.

I have always maintained that the real issues are that Pertaining to re-establishing some peace and hope for somali's back home, be there in the north or south, and salvaging what ever that is left of the country and securing its future development.

Changed   

salaam caleykom

oh my god , :eek:

i didnt know sue thanks for the info ;) , OH boy am i speechless , i dont know how to react to it , i know they picked poor countries and dumped it in there , but for some odd reason never thought it would happen to my country :mad:

i heard about illegal activities in somalia, i hear some so called biznez men got minners somewhere in somalia and R selling uranium redface.gif sad though