Sign in to follow this  
Professor S

Like and Love

Asalamaamu calaykum

I’m a little bit confused with two words.

Can somebody tell me the difference between like and Love?

And I also want to know if a man could like a woman without loving her.

And, if a woman can like a man without loving him.

I say instead of like Love.

If you’re a man you can like another man but you can’t love him, and If you’re a woman you can like another woman but you can’t love her.

So my question is can a man like a woman without loving her.

and, can a woman can like a man without loving him.

I’m talking about Somalis

Miriam1   

Simple

There is a test for it..and i dont think this is limited to somali people

You have this person..and your not quite sure what cateogray the fall under LIKED or LOVED

Lets say this is between a Man and a Woman. If you can imagine yourself living in the constant company of this person for the rest of ur natural existence( if ur 25..can be 50 yrs, half a century) and ..not in any moment feel uncomfortable or freaked out bout the idea..then you must be inlove with this person..for it takes alot to care enough for a person to that degree...

But if u cant imagine this scenior..u simply like the person enough to even consider it..

thats it..

Like=No scarifices

Love=Scarifcies

Can a woman like a man without loving him..ofcourse and viceversa. Its only a emotion of admiration and common likes..no more..

Night and Peace in The Middle East !

Life is so simple..we make it complicated

I must disagree with what you alleged “If you’re a man you can like another man but you can’t love him, and If you’re a woman you can like another woman but you can’t love her.” I am a woman who most definitely loves, not likes other women icon_razz.gif : My mother, My sisters, My aunts, My grandmother, etc. There are also Men who love other men: Fathers, brothers, etc. :D

Getting back to your question, yes you can tell the difference between liking and loving. Although it depends on the type of love you are referring to. There are two types of love, as you already may be aware of. Wife/husband love and family/friend love. I don’t know which one you are philosophizing about, but let’s presume it’s the wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend type. You Love the person (“significant other”) if you can stand waking up next to him/her every single day of your existence. :( If you could remain to live with that person, through all the good and bad times, through thick and thin. If you would do anything for them, even snatch the stars above, or dying trying. If you would do whatever it took to keep them from hurting…or to keep them smiling. If you would surprise them with a Lamborghini Cala for their birthday (*HINT..HINT) ;) .

You Like the person if you once in a while make them cry, just for the sake of entertainment. If they tend to get on your nerves for absolutely no reason. If you just want to give them a bat on the back after not seeing them for sometime. If they only cross your mind upon seeing them, out of sight, out of mind, type of ordeal. You like them if you just want to hang out, and have fun. If you drop them, after they get on your nerves…..that sort of thing.

I hope I answered your Question to the best of your propensity.

when i said you can’t love another woman, i meant others, not your'e family.

loving youre mom and sister is different from loving another girl.

so that’s what I mean.

when i said you can’t love another woman, i meant others, not your'e family.

loving youre mom and sister is different from loving another girl.

so that’s what I mean.