Sign in to follow this  
MonMon

Last year I killed a man

MonMon   

At 9.45am on Saturday, June 23 2007, I killed a man. A perfectly ordinary man, on a perfectly ordinary summer's day. CCTV pictures show him entering the station, unremarkable among all the passengers going to the West End. He waited at the front of the platform until he could hear my train approaching, then he calmly stepped down on to the tracks and looked directly at me as he waited for the impact.

continue:

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/wellbeing/story/0,,2291212,00.html

Cara.   

He paused for a heartbeat, looked at his watch and said, "So, how long before we get on the move again?"

I was to look back on this exchange with amusement and also, strangely, comfort: in the midst of the horror, normality was briefly restored by a commuter asking for alternative travel arrangements.

No one tried to leave until I opened the doors. Only a few asked the reason, none complained. I was hugely impressed.

I suppose when you're a city employee you began to appreciate callous disregard for human life coupled with unquestioning obedience :confused: