Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Oklahoma's Ban on Shariah Law Blocked: Supporters Blame State Attorney General

STOIC   

A victory for a close friend of mine-undergraduate classmate of mine is in the news today.He is the attorney representing muslims in Oklahoma against the certifying the election results of state ban of Sharia law.The court granted his wishes by placing a block on the amendment.My friend is "certain that having the knowledge that Oklahoma condemns his faith will cause offense and injury. He anticipates that such official disapproval of his faith will result in a stigma attaching to his person" It is not too often you see friends in the media making a difference in the community!I'm not familiar with the story nor am an expert of the law, but I wish my friend a victory Insha-Allah

Oklahoma's Ban on Shariah Law Blocked: Supporters Blame State Attorney General

My understanding is that in civil matters [inheratence,divorce, etc.] the court will allow things to be settled by different laws [sharia, cultural norms, jewish law]

to single out sharia violates the american consitutional principle that a state cannot make laws promoting or targetting a religion.