Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Dragons' Den

Faheema.   

This is mostly for the UK Nomads…

Have you been following the Dragon's Den series on BBC2? I have been watching it for the past few weeks and I have to say… I am totally addicted; it is scary the way the Dragons scrutinize every aspect of these poor “entrepreneursâ€. Some of the ideas are worth investing even though they might not have pitched right but the concept is profitable, for instance the Irish guy that was on last night with the go-cart bicycle type thing for kids…what let him down was his presentation skills, his dress code and inability to take the Tax Man serious (laughing it off). However some of them you think, what on earth were they thinking LoL…. I suppose if one needs another to believe in their product/service they must be convinced themselves… :D

Hi Fay,

Dragons' Den is a good show. I was addicted to the first series as well, but I haven't had a chance to catch the new one. They are usually spot on, but I do think they are sometimes unnecessarily cruel.

Do you reckon we watch too much TV? :D

Faheema.   

Hey Ahura

LoL, Too much TV...xaasha...horta aniga Dhakhtar baa ii qoray :D

I have heard they are alot more harsh in this series, instead of making the pitchers feel at ease they stick the knife in... :(

sigma   

Hey ahura and fayrouz, I like dragons den

QUOTE] but I do think they are sometimes unnecessarily cruel

I agree in the first series they where difficult (the dragons) But as you said spot on mostly

Fayrouz: Some of the ideas are worth investing even though they might not have pitched right but the concept is profitable

I agree

But in this new series I sometimes i get the feeling I am watching sharks......

it is scary the way the Dragons scrutinize every aspect of these poor “entrepreneursâ€., for instance the Irish guy that was on last night with the go-cart bicycle type thing for kids…what let him down was his presentation skills, his dress code and inability to take the Tax Man serious

..this series guys it's gloves off in a way..the greek guy and and women have had bad personal press....... as so have the others on the "board" the scot

i don't think they will commision another series

what do u think of other current progs like unreported world, today program, jon snow channel 4 news, jeremy vine and LBC radio ;)

Hi Sigma,

Those are all current affairs programmes. I don't follow current affairs anymore. I stopped watching the news as well. No news is good news and all that jazz.

I would love to watch this series of Dragons Den, but am usually not home in time to catch it

Fay,

LoL...I need to see dhakhtarkaa as well. I'm inclined to believe that watching TV is the best therapy for any ailment.