Sign in to follow this  
underdog

missing ladle

underdog   

Reverend McGillicuddy invited a young priest over for dinner. During the meal, the young priest couldn't help noticing, how attractive and shapely the young, slender, housekeeper was. Over the course of the evening, he started to wonder if there was more, going-on, between Reverend McGillicuddy and the housekeeper, than met the eye.

Almost reading, the young priest's thoughts, Reverend McGillicuddy volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking. But I assure you, my relationship with the housekeeper is purely professional."

About a week after the dinner, the housekeeper came to Reverend McGillicuddy and said, "Father, ever since that young priest came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose he took it, do you?"

The Father said, "I'm sure he did not. But I will write him a letter, just to be sure." Later that evening, when he was alone, he sat down and wrote:

Dear Father:

I'm not saying that you DID take a gravy ladle, from my house, and I'm not saying, you DID NOT. But the fact remains, one has been missing since you were here for dinner.

Reverend McGillicuddy

Several days later, Reverend McGillicuddy received a letter from the young priest, which read:

Dear Father:

I'm not saying that you do sleep with your housekeeper, and I'm not saying that you do not. But the fact remains, if you were sleeping in your ownbed, you would have found the "misplaced" ladle by now.