Sign in to follow this  
Hassan1508736697

BrEaKiNg NeWs: Safferz, Holac, Hasan( Menace), Reeyo,Ngong'e (come in)

STOIC   

Professor Samatar is on a mission to mend the rift that has long separated him from Somaliland. The quality of the professor’s academic intellectual prowess has never been in question. If anything his Somali politics scholarship is rigorous and eloquent. The man has a right to change his political convictions, but what I’m kind of skeptical about is his reason for leaving Somalia politics. Although there is some truth to his reasons, they do not tell the whole truth about why he left South Somalia politics. He is taking pride in his scorn of South Somalia clan politics, but the same can be said has bearing in Somaliland politics.What is he going to do when the habar-habar politics in Somaliland rears its ugly head? Will he indignantly cry out “Somaliland is finished?’.How far will his trumpeted political conversion go?

Safferz   

I think the man is simply interested in political power, and after arrogantly assuming he could walk into Villa Somalia on the basis of his credentials and public profile, he's refashioning himself and his politics to position himself for Somaliland politics, where he believes he'll have a better shot. So you ask an important question, STOIC -- what happens when he once again finds himself outside of political power because of Somali clan allegiances and alliances?

STOIC   

Saferz,

He thought it was a sure bet to win Somalia presidency by virtue of your credentials only. Although his Somaliland supporters will continue to argue that he converted because of his disillusionment with Somali politics, I still believe also he is in for a political office. I watched an interview clip that was conducted by one of Somaliland television stations where they asked him directly about his ambitions for running for an office, and he sort of gave a deflective response. Though his Somali speeches brim with colorful anecdotes and Somali political yarns, his conversion story is one that can only be viewed as a colorful and contradictory one. We shall see how long it is going to last…My father-in-law used to hate this guys gut few years ago, and now according to him this guy is unquestionably the most patriotic Somalilander haha...

Hawdian   

I think the man is right on every point he has made sofar if you a northener you have no business in The South poltics, ahmed samatar is not the only one who have lost hope in koonfur , proffesor ali khaliif Galdh was on tv saying he feares for his life and the is coming from a man who has allways belived in somali unity. I genuenly believe Samatar is dealing with shock to the system when everything you belived is confronted with the moqadisho mafia siayasad. Samatar belived in somali weyn politcs for over 30 years long time wallhey.

Professor samatar is a smart and dignified human being may allah bless him for abandoning the Koonfurians for they only care about Corruption and Wanlaweyn chauvanism. He is sick and tired of them and wants to move forward.

STOIC   

Xaaji,There is a kind of temptation on your part- as unconditional supporter of SL- to say that Professor Samatar is a dignified person.You remind me of an uncle I was praying behind this past summer in Nairobi. After the prayer was done he raised his hands and started going on a tangent how Allah should protect "us" from the South Somalia Shaar...haha..I almost did put my hands down, but I was in a company of die-hard Secessionist.An adequate confrontation was more complicated than I could have given there.I just kept saying Ameen Ameen..haha..I'm sure there are delicate and complex issues that can make you understand that South Somalia problem can be somewhat understandable, and that they don't deserve a scorn, but sympathy and prayers!

STOIC well if the south wants prayers they should pray themselves for their land nothing wrong to pray for your country and ask allah to protect it from any sort of threat. Any way the samatar is guy is not to bad he is a good man who was an honest unionist who believed in the well being of both Somalia and Somaliland. But as he puts it walanala garan waaye so he has to move on. STOIC u have to understand koonfurians , u have not lived with them shared a country with them in the 70s and 80s. These people have their own understanding of things they don't view the world and don't have the same characteristics culture as Somalilanders. Which made living in the same country eventually unbearable and the people had to break away samatar understands that now to in aan la isla jaan qaadi karayn.

He spoke of verbally been attacked at gathering in a conference in Rochester. He spoke of Southerners calling his act an act of treason. That his friends have turned into enemies. Is he speaking of Ali Galaydh?

Reeyo   

Oh I don't care for his political stance, Somalia vs Somaliland politics has never interested me nor can I see it becoming interesting for me.

As for this Professor I am sorry I even discussed my disappointment about his lack of any real ideas or factual knowledge and research on SL, as a Professor of a reputable standing I expected something and got nothing-

Now he is just another opportunist person living his life as he sees fit, dropped of my radar so don't include me in this shallow discussions.