Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Professor Samatar the current leadership of Somalia dont have what it take to rebuild Somalia

Safferz   

Ahmed Samatar is an embarrassment to academics, his analysis is always shaped by his political ambitions, and to me that's the worst form of academic dishonesty. Our intellectuals should be above this. I don't know how anyone can take his opinions seriously anymore.

There might be some truth to that how ever he views them as corrupt he clearly stated that there might be a few individuals who want to do good but the overall majority in the parliament are crooks and want to enrich themselves real fast. There is some truth to that ,it might be politically motivated but the amount of corruption is enormous there. But we will know if Ahmed was telling the truth in 3 years time.

Hawdian   

Ahmed Samatar is spot on his analyses of the situation in Somali peninsula. Ahmed Samatar is a former MP and presidential candidate he has been to both the republic of Somaliland And fed. Of somaliya. His criticism of the corrupt Political class in Mogadishu is correct and the world knows about this . The latest example was the resignation of the Central Bank Governor. Yussur had no choice to resign due to stealing of somali assets abroad by President Xassan Mohamoud and his family. Ofcourse those who want somaliya to be corrupt and ruled forever by the current political criminals will not like this esteemed professor of int. politics& Economics.

I