Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

John Terry: Race Trial

NGONGE   

John Terry trial: Please please please could you repeat that?

11 July 2012

In a hilarious misunderstanding, John Terry was asked to repeat evidence that he had been sent off four times in his career.

“Can you say, please, four times?” asked his QC, George Carter-Stephenson.

“Please, please, please, please,” Terry responded.

Guffaws of laughter broke out around the courtroom at the misunderstanding, which was a result of the judge asking Terry to speak up.

The footballer appeared confused by response from the courtroom.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/john-terry-trial-please-please-please-could-you-repeat-that-7936075.html

N.O.R.F   

LoL

I'm just waiting for the not guilty verdict and how the media reacts. Will they be as they were in the Suarez case? They have been very subdued for this trial.

NGONGE   

^^ Because though he may be proven to be an idiotic racist, there really was no need for such a trial. I mean, if found guilty, he only stands to pay £2,500! That is the maximum he'll have to suffer (other than the actual verdict and its implications for his image). But, for society as a whole, there is really not much benefit in this trial. It's foolish that the trial itself costs more than the eventual fine.

The Suarez case was dealt with by the FA, a different body altogether. Here, the law stops the media from overdoing speculation.

N.O.R.F   

^There is speculation and then there is hysteria. The media was hysterical in the Suarez case (it being an FA hearing/verdict rather than a court case helped) and here we didn't even know the court case was this week until hearing about it on the Monday evening news. There is no balance.

He has put together a half decent defence though.

N.O.R.F   

^I didn't expect any hysteria before the verdict. Being informed the trial was due to start would have sufficed. I doubt they will be as hysterical as when the Suarez verdict came out.

NGONGE   

^^ There is more to be hysterical about here, saaxib. The last one was between a Frenchman and a South American. This is between two English boys. Wait for it, the talk will start soon enough. They are letting the case finish and then they'll pick on the FA, race relations, Terry's personality, etc.

(There is more milage in this story).