Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Islam's approach towards democracy

Salaam, subhanallah i can't believe that it took me this long to see this post and reply. I believe the saying of Allah " This day have i completed my favour upon you and has made Islam as your way of life" Thus i find it atroious for any muslim to even mention a statement like" Demoray ould work in a muslim land" in fat suh a statement is haraam for if such a statement was true then Allah would have said it instead of the statement above.

What many muslims, partiularly those who are born into muslim homes, don't realize is that demoray is not just about freedom that is a very tiny aspect of "democracy" infact democracy is about the majority rules.

Lemme put this simple if let's say Saudi declares itself demorati would it be wrong to for gay men to say they want equal rights? in a democray no, they do have equal rights. however many muslims would say NO!!!! don't you think the gay person would thn ask where is the freedom? the so called democratic countries are testimony to this where Britain just last year declared and imposed on her overseas territories that it is lawful for homosexual activities between 2 consenting adults. My island vehemently opposed as well as another island and it was still imposed just because the majority voted yes in parliment.

as Allah " They (Kafiroon) will not stop until you become like them" and unless adopting their democracy is not becoming like them then i say democray all the way or unless Allah's words are not true or He forgt to reveal something in the quran and we know better than him then i Say Democracy all the way.

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum:

I can definately say that the entire muslim world has been passed by in everything, both intellectually and technologically. However, so-called western freedom and democracy to me seems not so free, but their systems are working much better than muslim countries. I believe that Islam is Democracy, because it is a religion that doesn't coerce.Finally, let the oppressive regimes in the so-called muslim countries end,because it silences a part of our faith that says: when you see evil, stop it with your action, if you can't stop it with your words, and if that isn't possible feel bad in your heart. I truly believe that muslims need to wake up.