Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

The Veil: An E-Nur invitational

Dearest eNur:

I can't help but wonder when and how the veil, the garment that some Muslim women wear to conceal their identity from prying eyes became a public discourse. But it isn't to say that it is wrong for the public to take up the cause on behalf of women, when women ought to be champion of their own interest. Remember, the relevance of the veil comes from the ancient tradition of women covering up their body parts, which puts a wall between her and her society, at the same time guarding her privacy. Understandably so, women should and ought to discuss private matters concerning their body and their overall appearance. At the same time, we( both women and men) need to understand the premise of dressing modesty according to the Qur'an before we polarize the matter , by dismissing personal prejudice, while at the same time being critical of the opposing views that have long been expressed by Islamic scholars in the subject of the VEIL. While the subject of the VEIL maybe one of controversy because of its various elements thats in contention, accepting heresy for the sake of unity against infidel society could be devastating to Muslim women.

For now, I will turn to you and ask you to share your views on the subject as well as openly interpret the following quotes from the Qur'an, Chapter 24,Surah Al-Nuur,ayyah 27-31, to the best of your ability, as a SOL scholar, praised by many, the floor is now open to you.

24:27 "Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoola tadkhuloo buyootan ghayra buyootikum hattatasta/nisoo watusallimoo AAala ahliha thalikumkhayrun lakum laAAallakum tathakkaroona"

24:28 "Fa-in lam tajidoo feeha ahadanfala tadkhulooha hatta yu/thanalakum wa-in qeela lakumu irjiAAoo fairjiAAoo huwa azkalakum waAllahu bima taAAmaloona AAaleemun"

24:29 "Laysa AAalaykum junahun an tadkhuloobuyootan ghayra maskoonatin feeha mataAAun lakum waAllahuyaAAlamu ma tubdoona wama taktumoona"

24:30 "Qul lilmu/mineena yaghuddoo min absarihumwayahfathoo furoojahum thalika azkalahum inna Allaha khabeerun bima yasnaAAoona"

24:31 "Waqul lilmu/minati yaghdudnamin absarihinna wayahfathnafuroojahunna wala yubdeena zeenatahunna illa mathahara minha walyadribnabikhumurihinna AAala juyoobihinna wala yubdeenazeenatahunna illa libuAAoolatihinna aw aba-ihinnaaw aba-i buAAoolatihinna aw abna-ihinna awabna-i buAAoolatihinna aw ikhwanihinna aw baneeikhwanihinna aw banee akhawatihinna aw nisa-ihinnaaw ma malakat aymanuhunna awi alttabiAAeenaghayri olee al-irbati mina alrrijali awi alttifliallatheena lam yathharoo AAala AAawratialnnisa-i wala yadribnabi-arjulihinna liyuAAlama ma yukhfeena min zeenatihinnawatooboo ila Allahi jameeAAan ayyuhaalmu/minoona laAAallakum tuflihoona"

All in all, how would you interpret the above revelations? Where do you stand in the debate about the authenticity of the veil? Do you believe its voluntary or obligatory?

Nur   

Lazie G sis

Thank you for a well structured thread starter, inshAllah I will respond soon, tighten your seat belt for a take off.

Nur

^take all the time in the world ya Nur but remember that I'm looking for you to interpret the above quotes with the Qur'an, while sharing Enur views in the ever growing controversy of "to wear or not to wear the Niqab".