Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Netanyahu:Israel is not what is wrong about the Middle East; and says no to peace with Palestine...

Benjamin Netanyahu of the past 6 days opposes the views of the Benjamin Netanyahu of the last 2 years...the Netanyahu of the last 6 days does not want to reason nor does he have any interest in resuming negotiations with the Palestine authority.

The Netanyahu of the last 6 days says that Obama is pro-Arab but the Netanyahu of the last 2 years reminded his audience as he made his media rounds (in 2009 and 2010)that Obama is a friend of Israel and the partnership between Obama's administration and Israel is stronger than ever, something he echoed in his speech today in-front of joint session of United States congress but the Netanyahu of the last 6 days says President Abbas must tear his pact with Hamas" and come back to the negotiation table and as I wait for your response President Abbas, I will entertain myself by giving Obama a public scolding that he richly deserves.

In addition to that, the Netanyahu of the last 6 days turned the tide by calling Obama's speech about the 1967 border land swaps as "indefensible", re-affirming his position that no amount of lobbying at the United Nations will bring about peace with Israel. Forget it, over our dead bodies.....and we are confident because we know that any resolution that is passed in the general assembly of the U.N will not see the light of day because we will use our veto, oops United States veto to kill your ambition for a recognition....

In short, the Netanyahu of the last 6 days is in conflict with the Netanyahu of the last 2 yrs, the more reasonable, upbeat, Netanyahu who just wants to sit at the negotiation table and let the chips fall were they might will not entertain ideas about going back to the 1967 borders with land swaps(knowing full well that this is exactly what must happen in order for negotiations to resume if peace will ever be achieved, these are the private thoughts of Netanyahu of the last 2 years) because his boss, the militant Lieberman of the right winger party would immediately withdrawal his party's support, leaving Netanyahu of the last 2 years vulnerable...

Today's Netanyahu is more militant, uncompromising coward who can not stand up to his militant and boss Avigdor Lieberman.

In short, the summary of Netanyahu's speech to congress is as follows:

1) President Abbas you must recognize a Jewish State

2) President Abbas you must recognize a Jewish State

3) President Abbas you must denounce Hamas and you must tear your pact with them immediately

4) President Abbas, we will be generous to you if only you do as we say...oops, I mean as long as you follow the instructions of my boss, Mr Lieberman.

5) Israel and the right wing militant party that holds me in my current position is not the problem, my Arab neighbours are and as well as that evil state they call IRAN....

6)President Abbas must do what I have done. I stood before my people -- and I told you, it wasn't easy for me -- I stood before my people and I said, "I will accept a Palestinian state." It's time for President Abbas to stand before his people and say, "I will accept a Jewish state." (Cheers, applause.)

7)In recent years, the Palestinians twice refused generous offers by Israeli prime ministers to establish a Palestinian state on virtually all the territory won by Israel in the Six Day War. They were simply unwilling to end the conflict. And I regret to say this: They continue to educate their children to hate. They continue to name public squares after terrorists. And worst of all, they continue to perpetuate the fantasy that Israel will one day be flooded by the descendants of Palestinian refugees. My friends, this must come to an end. (Applause.)

8)So I want to be very clear on this point. Israel will be generous on the size of a Palestinian state but will be very firm on where we put the border with it. This is an important principle, shouldn't be lost.

9)And here is what this means. It means that the Palestinian refugee problem will be resolved outside the borders of Israel. (Applause.)

10)And as for Jerusalem, only a democratic Israel has protected the freedom of worship for all faiths in the city. (Applause.) Throughout the millennial history of the Jewish capital, the only time that Jews, Christians and Moslems could worship freely, could have unfettered access to their holy sites has been during Israel's sovereignty over Jerusalem.

Jerusalem must never again be divided. (Applause.) Jerusalem must remain the united capital of Israel. (Applause.)

I know this is a difficult issue for Palestinians. But I believe that, with creativity and with good will, a solution can be found.

All in all, the Netanyahu of the last 6 days, including in some sound bites from his speech to congress today wants Jerusalem for his master boss aka Lieberman, he wants a demilitarized Palestinian State and shrugs his shoulders over the issue of right of return. He doesnt want to make any concessions because his boss wont let him, which means shadows of war in the middle east looms...

yours truly,

LayZie G...

source: Global and Mail, read the full transcript of today's speech here:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/americas/transcript-of-prime-minister-netanyahus-address-to-us-congress/article2032842/,

^ True but there is only so far recognition can take you if you are not sovereign and there is only so far sovereignty can take if you are not recognised.