Sign in to follow this  
Muriidi

research and entertainment

Muriidi   

did you know that books like riyadusalihin and fiithilal al quran are not suitable for research?

i think the purpose of imam al nawawi and sayid qutub was to inspire and encourage...but one has to be mature enough to appreciate them.

other books more suitable for research are: fiqh sunah and sahih bukhari...

here's a "mas'alo" that can be discussed in either direction ,entertainment and/or research :

using any of the known hadith and tafsir books for reference, try to associate reading/listening to surat aljathiya(45) with the experience of going to hajj!

i suggest tafsir aljalaleyn for example.

Muriidi   

did you know that , the prophet pbuh his hadiths about the "the dajjaal" are like clues ?

one of the sahaba asked the prophet pbuh what to do,the people were saying that the dajjal had a mountain of bread and water(symbolizing life and health)...to the end of the hadith.

it's a clue to surat alnur verse 39:

.. which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water ..

once tyranny is removed , it is muslim tradition to leave it to Allah and trust Him to guide ,heal and fill the emptiness.

Muriidi   

a while ago , we asked one of our professors(electric field theory) if he had any ideas for a friday speech:

i remember what he said like this:

observe-survival of the fittest.

religion is like dinosaurs...extinct..who needs giant reptiles in a civilized world?!

or anything that has such hard rules and hierarchies?(religion)

faith is like a cloud.we all need clouds...the sea-water(our knowledge) vaporizes and becomes a cloud(our faith) and rains down on us (trees&plants), nourishing us..even sun-flowers..

us trees with roots..our thoughts like mountains..water running down the mountain ..springs-rivers back into the sea (our knowledge)

or the mountain (our thoughts) being so high..ice-caps were formed to stay there permanently visible for everyone.

hard rules and hierarchies--religion--extinct like dinosaurs...who needs giant reptiles in a civilized world?!

faith and discipline..survival of the fittes !

the imam (one of the students): "happy to have you on our side proff."

the proff :"thank you.. , i guess now you must find confirming passages from holy texts to confirm those ideas."

the imam:" i already have one..it is part of a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh;

خيارهم في الجاهلية خيارهم في الإسلام إذا فقهوا.

those who were "akhyaar", dignified during the time of ignorance(jahiliya), are the ones who count as dignified in islam...

Muriidi   

how 'bout something fun today .. ?

1709979119_c2e953c880_m.jpg

red-black.jpg

captain's bridge .. sahih muslim

-------------------------------------------

_green_black.gif

sickbay(health-center) .. imam ghazali ,ihya ulumudin

blue-black.gif

living quarters , sunan ibn majah