Sign in to follow this  

For those who have it, Is it worth getting an MBA anymore? Any information about it would be help, I'm thinking of getting it within the next years inshallah. Also, recommendations for schools would be helpful. Tangis.

me   

nopes.....I would say its to better get industry qualifications in your field (ACCA,CFA, CIMA etc etc)......if you want to get a better chance in the job market. But if your doing it for the knowledge, grab a book an read instead of wasting money and time on a title.

Originally posted by me:

nopes.....I would say its to better get industry qualifications in your field (ACCA,CFA, CIMA etc etc)......if you want to get a better chance in the job market. But if your doing it for the knowledge, grab a book an read instead of wasting money and time on a title.

I'm not in accounting or business though, I'm in engineering and I want to do technological management. But thanks chief.

^ For engineering.

The best option is to do a PMP (Professional project management)certification.

most engineering firms are project based organizations and are structured in the PMI way.

once you reach a senior engineer level, you hit the ceiling of a subject matter expert, and going into the project management side is the only way up.

and it pays $$$$

but it requires that you already have ~5 years of PM experience.

technical certifications within your field, would be better for you if you are a recent grad with not alot of experience

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ For engineering.

The best option is to do a PMP (Professional project management)certification.

most engineering firms are project based organizations and are structured in the PMI way.

once you reach a senior engineer level, you hit the ceiling of a subject matter expert, and going into the project management side is the only way up.

and it pays $$$$

but it requires that you already have ~5 years of PM experience.

technical certifications within your field, would be better for you if you are a recent grad with not alot of experience

Thanks brah, I will look at more information on PM certificate.

I'm really not that interested in technical certification though.

Btw, what dicipline of engineering are you in?

FatB   

ME why tho? if for instance you want to pursue a career in the UN than a MBA is crusial also in todays world to move up u must have postgraduate degrees - atleast thats wat i hear