Sign in to follow this  
Jafarel.

2006 Graduates....

Jafarel.   

Are any of u guys graduating this year??

Not that I am suggesting a SOL 2006 graduates party (in each member city)!!! ;)

Upon u be peace...

Yup. I am.

I hope you've started to apply for jobs. Try not to fall into the graduated-but-no-job cycle that most somalis do. To some people, graduating seems to be the end (getting that fancy paper) and not means to an end (a job).

Start applying for whatever position you see yourself in now. On average you're expected to fill atleast 25 - 40 applications, of which you will most likely get 3 interviews. Slim? I know. But nothing good comes easy.

I've only done one but have every intention of doing more soon. For some weird reason, I blv I'm just lucky. I only applied to 4 places for my placement year and got an interview for 2. But then gap year jobs are a lot easier to find than graduate positions. :(

p.s. We should have a ball.. why not? :D

N.O.R.F   

i think some of the guys in the sports section will be preparing for their finals, Soma Inc and Rocko come to mind.

Good luck to you all and remember this is only the beginning as by this time next year you will be dreaming of the good ole uni days and addicted to coffee :Dicon_razz.gif

Som@li   

Congratualtions to you all, and best of luck, Yeah , it is quite true, student life is easy,and i miss it.

I graduated last year, and took me around 2 months to find a job,hate job huntin :(