Sign in to follow this  
AdivA

A degree in Anthropology

AdivA   

Salam,

I'm contemplating if I should apply for Anthropology in the next fall insha'allah. Should I?...Is is worth it?...and for those of you who have enrolled in this field, your feedback will be appreciated.

Peace ;)

Salam AdivA

i'm not personally enrolled but this depends generally on the core and optional courses offered with the degree and where you do it.

Friends of mine have done human sciences degree which have anthrology optional and gave a wider range of topics such as biology and history ..

Castro   

Originally posted by AdivA:

Should I?...Is is worth it?

Next fall is ample time to answer questions like why you want to study Anthropology? What could you do with such a degree? What are the employment prospects? Etc..

If you're unable to find answers for these questions, or if the answers are not to your satisfaction, then don't enroll in it. School, at least nowadays, is a means to an end. If you can't make a living using your education, then you will have borrowed money just to do homework.

That's my 2 rupees. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Khayr   

Salamz,

Take what is easy and interesting to you

for your Undergraduate studies and try to minimize your student loans, inshallah.

Once finished your undergrad,you can do law school, med school, grad studies of your likings etc. and you will be better equipped, inshallah!

I use to laugh at those 'physcology' majors at university but now, some of them have finished graduate schools and are doctors, lawyers and laughing with a few 000000 on their paycheque.

So don't rush, do what is interesting and easy cause class don't start until you finish

your 'UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES'. ;)

Fi Amanillah