Sign in to follow this  
Curly

An e-mail to a lecturer

Curly   

I just thought I’d share this all with you, this is something that I sort of regret that I did on the day on my exam. I just hope it doesn’t affect my marks! But it sure did make me smile at the time and it did make me feel a whole lot better.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello Taj,

A number of us have been hoping to get in contact with you, during the pass few weeks. I hope you realised that you missed to turn up to a consolidation lecture you scheduled. We were very upset about this as we were all hoping to bring

up some issues concerning the coursework we have not received back, as we need the feedback to help us with revision. Also there are a number of problems with the equations you put on the lecture

notes, in regards to the solutions for the equations that you never went through to explain properly. It would have been nice to have seen you before the exam date but here I am on Wednesday 8th June, writing an e-mail to you when I should be revising for an exam I have no hope in passing.

So I would just like to thank you!

Your jokes were amusing but pity the lectures weren’t as informative. I'm sure everyone else in the class agrees with me... we would have rather learned about cell culture techniques than your "rose coloured, don't give a damn about

anything†rendition of life.

Reguards,

Sue

-----------------------------------------------

Actually the exam turned out to be rather good and I was surprised that none of the data handling question came up and it was by far the best exam I have ever sat. :D

Miriam1   

lOL loved your note to the prof. I dont thnk he will do antying about it. What I have noticed is that when a prof knows that didnt do a good job of teaching the exam tends to be madly easy, but again at the end ur never sure if they expect you to know or believe that they are the best out there. BUT if he does. there are always way's around it. I had a prof last year for a horrid statistic class....MIDTERM was so easy that i wanted to fall of my chair in shock...loved it...I thnk she saw that everyone was happy and content with her teaching habbits. came the FINAL..I swear...i looked at the 4 questions....and I was blank...after studying for 2 months continously...nothing made sense....left the classroom...demanding revenge....the studnets signed a petition against the teacher right there outside the classroom. took it to the registar's office. explained the problem..was hoping for retest(but do they ever do that?) lol but instead.she just wieghted the final exam differently. beaucractic justice does work !lol.passed

Your prof sounds like he as a sense of humour.and might take this in stride. but if u dont get that grade.turn the school upside down....we paid after....all...they work for US...this isnt highschool