Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

Linux users

Haddad   

Hey fellow Nomads .. any Linux users in here , i need help!?"!

Help with Xorg? If this is about enabling mouse scroll, you need to add this option under Section "InputDevice":

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Nah not enabling mouse scroll, but i installed fedora core 3 on my laptop, and i got cardbus for extra usb2 pcmcia USB2A , now whenever i plugg the cardbus the damn thing freezes till i unplugg it even though my modem xircom cardbus works just fine ..

Haddad   

Nah not enabling mouse scroll, but i installed fedora core 3 on my laptop, and i got cardbus for extra usb2 pcmcia USB2A , now whenever i plugg the cardbus the damn thing freezes till i unplugg it even though my modem xircom cardbus works just fine ..

I think this might be an issue with how Fedora handles hotplugins. Check your /etc/hotplug file(s). I don't know why most Somalis who use Linux are fascinated with Fedora (formerly Red Hat), but there are many other distros which surpass Fedora in most features & configs. You could try Ubuntu or Mephis. The installation of Ubuntu might intimidate you (it's ncurse-based), but it's one of the hottest distros currently. Mephis is also live-cd, and it's installation is gui-based. Both handle hotplugins and wireless cards very well. I can't particularly help you with Fedora (last Red Hat I used was version 7.2), as I don't anymore use rpm & gui-based distros, but this forum should offer some help:

LinuxQuestions

Yeah been to LinuxQuestions and FedoraFourm .. anyhow its cool now i gave up and i think i will try another distro , but not those you talked about; I am thinking of something like slackware anyhow thanks..