Sign in to follow this  
Senora

Virus??

Senora   

Ok, i never really start topics, but im having a few problems with my computer. I remember this section being the "Tech-Talk"... section...and even if its changed its name....i might be able to find a few computer engineering dorks..oops!, I mean students icon_razz.gif to help me out....

I bought my computer September 2003, and i've never had any problems before. But just a few weeks ago, my computer has been going VERy Slooowww!....And i dont know what the Problems sems to be!!And when i go on a website, i get all these pop-ups, even though were "suppose" to have this AOL pop-up stopper.....and even weirder is this thing my computer keeps doing every minute. I can't even read anything in peace anymore...Say im on this website, it would just take me to this other website....(imagine how fast im typing now so that i dont get this problem).....and i was typing a paper on Microsoft word the other day..and it signed me onto the internet!!I didn't even click on the icon!!!!...So if ANYONE, has any advice for me......i would really appreciate it....because i can't find my warranty papers now(I know, I know....its DUMB)...and so if this problem continues, i will have to buy a whole new computer....there goes over $1000 down the drain.....

I've question for you do you have antivirus software installed in your computer? If so then you might wanna run it every week to check if you have virus in your hard disk it's the recommended that you scan your HDD every other week depending how you surf the net and so forth. Another suggestion would be to uninstall the pop-up add stopper since that is the root cause of all the pop-ups in my suggestion the anti-virus software nowadays comes with a version of their own pop-up stopper so I would suggests you to utilize that product. Few other suggestions would be:

1)To delete you temporary internet files every week. Because each website you visit installs a cookie in your registry therefore keeps track of your activities.

2)Try using the netscape browser more often and stop using Internet Explore because their pop-up ad filtering system is not updated constantly therefore, allowing a gap to exist without boundary.

I recommend you to try these suggestions and see if it works for you.......

Peace

Love &

Unity

ok if u follow these steps everything should work:

1= download Ad-aware program from http://www.lavasoft.nu/ or www.cnet.com then do seach for Ad-aware.

2= after you download ad-aware scan your PC for spyware software it will take few minutes, then delete all the programs it finds.

Note: restart your pc after you finish step 2:

3)now download a program called Stinger from http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe save it to your Desktop, double click and then press Scan.... wait few minutes and it should remove if it finds any virus.

Note: if you have Windows XP disable the Restore function before you run the Stinger.

...................THE END.......................

Senora   

You know what Prettyboy, i just found out about that whole "erase your internet files yesterday"....and im going to do that today! And, i DO have a antivirus thingie in my PC..... when i first got this computer, that DAMN thing would pop-up like every week(just like you said)..but i never took it seriously, so i just exited it off......oddly enough, it hasn't come up for a while now....but ill search for it....

p.s. I'm a girl :D

i think someone gave me a website like that just yesterday too, Deadbrain....im going to do EXACTLY what the both of you said( cause i need all the help i can get!)....and i will let you guys know what happens.....THANK YOU!THANK YOU!! **waving my hands up in the air, like I caught the holy spirit**

Senora   

I Love you guys so much.... :D ..i did everything the both of you guys told me to do....i deleted the temporary internet files...i dowloaded the ad-aware and deleted all the files that came up....i also downloaded the sniper and scanned my computer......this morning was suppose to be a tester to see if all those things worked.....and IT DID!!!.....You guys are the best :D My computer isn't as slow....its not jumping from website to website or program to program.....

I kinda like this whole..."asking advice on SOL"...But anyways, thanks so much...I owe you guys....and I mean this.....if you guys are ever in town, I'll treat you guys to whatever it is you want......(nothing crazy! smile.gif )....I was just a few days from buying a whole new computer until i decided to come and ask on here..... smile.gif