Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

UPDF warning the soldiers against illicit love affairs with Somali women!!!

Emmy Allio

Kampala

PRESIDENT Yoweri Museveni yesterday flagged off the UPDF contingent to Somalia, sternly warning the soldiers against illicit love affairs with Somali women.

At 1:45pm yesterday, the Commander-in-Chief of the army handed over the country's flag to the head of the contingent, Col. Peter Elwelu, amid dancing, loud cheers and clapping from officers and men of the UPDF at Gaddafi Barracks in Jinja.

The obviously joyous Museveni smiled as excited green-bereted soldiers marched behind their leader Elwelu, who raised the flag high. The contingent has 1,605 soldiers, of whom only three were women - lieutenants Baguma, Asiimwe and Laker.

The contingent is an infantry and tank battalion, but with members from the legal department, medical and airforce.

The UPDF buffalo trucks, lorries and mambas at the send-off parade were painted white with large African Union emblems.

Museveni dispensed parental advice in kiswahili: "I have heard that you went to doctors who found out that you do not have these dudus (HIV/AIDS). Take care of your lives when you go to Somalia. You have had enough women here."

In Uganda's last peacekeeping mission in Liberia, UPDF soldiers are said to have engaged in wild, illicit affairs.

In his farewell message, Museveni said the army is going to Somalia not to do the job of the Somalis, but to help them to do their job, and likened UPDF's role to that of a blood donor.

He emphasized that the biggest mission is to train the Somali army, and may decide to disarm any group still holding guns illegally

"We are there to empower our Somali brothers to rebuild their state and their army, and that is our main job."

He advised the soldiers to cooperate with African peacekeepers from Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, South Africa and Burundi.

The overall head of the African Union mission is UPDF's Maj. Gen. Levy Karuhanga.

Several dozen train wagons loaded with tanks, armoured personnel carriers, heavy weaponry and trucks began a journey to Somalia yesterday afternoon from the Uganda Railways main terminal in Kampala. The freight is expected to arrive in Somalia in eight days.

-----------------------------------

:mad:

BiLaaL   

Mystic, the sad reality is that there has never been an occupation in history, where the occupiers have not transgressed against the local women. The Ethiopians engaged in acts of rape from day one and continue to this day. This reality is one of the reasons i truly abhor TFG supporters on SOL. Do they not feel the least pain for their Somali sisters? Ilaahoow kuwa damiirka la' hanagu darin. Maxaa kudhacay erayadii "Dalkeeyga waan jeclahay, dadkeeyga waan jeclahay". Kuwa meeshaan waxeey u egtahay in eey dalkooga jecelyihiin (suaalo ayaa ka taagan),laakiin dadka ku nool dhibka heesto eeynan ka danqaneenin.

Ebyan   

Bilaal, I don't think there's anyone on here who'd justify the rape of Somali women ( or any woman for that matter), so stop the whole self-righteous act. :rolleyes:

Mystic, Why are you so P.O.'d for? Having an 'illicit love affair' with local woman doesn't mean they're forcing themselves on these woman, ya know? :confused:

Having an 'illicit love affair' with local woman doesn't mean they're forcing themselves on these woman, ya know?

Museveni is putting it in a very amiable way.

I doubt there's a single Somali woman who'd want to engage in an 'illicit love affair' with a Ugandan soldier.

Read between the lines, he's on about raping and forced prostitution, not innocent romance.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Centurion:

quote: Having an 'illicit love affair' with local woman doesn't mean they're forcing themselves on these woman, ya know?

Museveni is putting it in a very amiable way.

I doubt there's a single Somali woman who'd want to engage in an 'illicit love affair' with a Ugandan soldier.

Read between the lines, he's on about raping and forced prostitution, not innocent romance.
Dude..You're Telepathic? :eek: You've got a talent there,go write a book and capitalize on it.

If some woman wants to sell her body/sleep with AU soldier..It ain't my business and it sure as hell aint yours either.

Gabbal   

If they expect Somalia to be a holiday or even as amicable as Liberia was for them, I think a rude awakening is in order.

Shall we start predicting how long they shall last in the land of the Nomads?

Violet

What Somali women will have an illicit love affair with these Ugandans?

That is a complete insult.

Did they have illicit love affairs with the women they raped in Liberia? You are rather pitiful.

Ebyan   

Dude, again, can you say with 100% certainty that no Somali woman would willingly sleep with an AU soldier? If that's the view you held I'm truly sorry for having to ruin your (innocent) image of Somalis.

^^^dude

What percentage of Somali women in Somalia sleep around with Bantu men?

These are known rapers, which had to be checked for HIV. Even if a Somali woman says no they will force themselves on her!

Ebyan   

Originally posted by mystic:

^^^dude

What percentage of Somali women in Somalia sleep around with Bantu men?

These are known rapers, which had to be checked for HIV. Even if a Somali woman says no they will force themselves on her!

I don't know what the % is and to be honest, I could careless. I'm not going to sit here and bother myself with things like that. If some woman wants to sleep around with Ugandan,Arab,Indian,Abos etc. it ain't my business. If however, these troops force themselves onto these woman, you could damn well bet I'd be P.O.'d and demand that the culprit be hung.

Violet, i have much to capitalise on :D

anyway, like i said i doubt any Somali woman would engage in an illicit affair with an AU soldier, why would they?

To suggest such things might be common, is not only an insult to Somali women, but also ignorance; it is well known Somalis consider themselves 'above' Bantu Africans, and having an illicit affair with an AU soldier would not only be against Islam, but also against the aforementioned Somali view.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Centurion:

Violet, i have much to capitalise on
:D

anyway, like i said i
doubt
any Somali woman would engage in an illicit affair with an AU soldier, why would they?

To suggest such things might be common, is not only an insult to Somali women, but also ignorance; it is well known Somalis consider themselves 'above' Bantu Africans, and having an illicit affair with an AU soldier would not only be against Islam, but also against the aforementioned Somali view.

Centurion, I didn't say most or many Somali woman would take part in such things, but I can't sit here and deny that some might. I didn't mean to be insulting, but it's really ignorant to think these types of events don't occur. We've all got our rotten apples.

Mystic

Stop using this as a way to insult the TFG. Exploiting the rape of women for your own gain is disgusting. :rolleyes:

Ebyan   

Concerned...now is this how you show concern? :confused: By trying to pin the rapes (which have not yet occurred) of Somali women on President Abdullahi and Prime Minister Geedi. If that isn't exploitation to the nth degree, I don't know what is. Shame on you, kiddo, shame on you.