Sign in to follow this  
Taqwa

“The Mahram Issue”

Taqwa   

“The Mahram Issue”

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Note: First I thank Allah (swt) for giving me the time to enlighten a few that may not believe in this issue. Secondly, whatever good I say in this post is from Allah and anything wrong is from me. Now fadal!!

In origin the woman is a mother and housewife, and she is an honour that must be protected. The finest gift a man can have in his home is a Muslim woman who follows the tradition of our beloved prophet (pbuh) and Allah’s (swt) book. The best endowment a woman can have in this world is a man that resembles the attitude and character of our adored Prophet (pbuh). Having said that, it would be correct to say that anyone who belief’s in Allah, his book, and the last day would certainly believe in the Mahram Issue.

Allah (swt) has given us human beings the freedom to express our opinions and the intellectual thinking to reason at all levels. At the same time, there are things which one can not question. Having opinions is fine but to say that you will not follow a ruling is Haram. Will you question, the beloved of Allah when he clearly said that NO women should travel without a mahram.

His beloved (pbuh) said, "Laa yahillu li imra'atin tu'minu billahi wa al-yaumi al-aakhiri tusaafiru maseerata yaumin wa lailatin illa ma'a dhiy mahramin 'alaihaa."

Meaning, it is not lawful for a woman who believes in Allah and the last day to travel the distance covered in a day and a night unless she is accompanied by a mahram of hers." Muslim and Bukhari

The reason for the ruling is because as long as she has no one to protect her, it is quite possible that she may be open to the elements or subjected to something which is Islamically dangerous during her journey, by whatever means. Therefore, the hidden aspects of the Islamic Shari'ah are many and great, and there is no doubt about the danger of sinning without an Islamically suitable reason.

Allah (swt) said: “It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision.” [33:36]

May Allaah grant everyone success in understanding the Religion of Islam, and firmness upon it, indeed He is in charge of all affairs.

Wa Salam,

Taqwa

Jewel   

Obviously i cannot dispute the mahram issue because its part of God's laws and i understand the meaning behind it, but i wonder, how many ppl truly practice it? How many of the sistas here practice it...I mean, in this day and age, where many ppl don't have access to immediate family sometimes, or let's say i wanted to travel and my brother didn't, does that mean i can't or does the fault lie with him?

Excuse my ignorance, i don't know much of the issue, so that's why im asking qs. Are there times that I can travel alone, and is there a need for it today? I remember someone posting in the other topic that the prophet (saw)(correct me if im wrong, or if i missed interpreted it) said that there would be a day that a woman wouldn't need someone to go with her. How do we know if we've reached that day yet or if we havent?

thxs for ur input in advance