Sign in to follow this  
me

Politics section drafts.

me   

To make things more interesting in this fadhi-ku-dirir section. I think we should have a SOL politics section draft. Our secessionist friends are lacking strength and are in desperate need of new ideas. It would also be interesting to see Duke defending the shabaab.

So what do you say?

ElPunto   

Adeer ME - why don't you give us the first draft? Something non-Somaliland please - you've ridden that horse for many moons now :D

me   

Guevara, thats an interesting question. Will investigate!

ThPoint, exactly my point, I am getting bored.

So make some drafts. I want to see what you guys have in mind.

ElPunto   

Draft 1

Why is it that Somali intellectuals educated abroad, familiar with and knowledgable about decent socio-political systems in the West are transformed into greedy, corrupt clannists no better than the ill educated ones at homes and sometimes worse when given positions of trust back in Somalia.

Why is that?

Hypothesis 1:

You really can't take the 'savage' out of The Savage. Anything else is nothing but a veneer.

Hypothesis 2:

Back in the milieu of Somalia where the entire culture and environment revolves around the taking and hoarding of scarce resources seen as a zero sum game - the vast majority of intellectuals, well meaning or not, get swept along in this and not without the aid of their supporters and hangers-on who, suprise surprise, tend to be related and so benefit. Damn that was a long sentence.

I'm not sure which is rite.

Possible Solution:

1- Any intellectual given a position of power or trust must have character. This means he/she should not be a known alchohol drinker or someone who is known as multiple persons in the West so as to claim welfare wealth.

Hmmm - solution need more meat - time for others contribution.