Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Eto'o Throws Insults @ Real Madrid.

BOB   

MADRID: Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has been widely criticised for making insulting comments about his former club Real Madrid during Barca's title celebrations.

The 24-year-old Cameroon international, who is the leading scorer in the Primera Liga, chanted "Madrid, cabron, saluda al campeon" (Madrid, bast@rds, hail the champions)into the microphone during a speech at the Nou Camp on Sunday.

Many of the 100,000 fans at the stadium to celebrate the club's first league title in six years joined in the chorus.

"This character is a fantastic player, but he leaves a lot to be desired as a person," president of the federation of Real Madrid fan clubs, Fermin Calero, was quoted as saying on the Real Madrid website.

"He has forgotten that it was Real Madrid that first allowed him to escape hunger and with these unfortunate declarations the only thing he has done is to encourage violence."

Barcelona president Joan Laporta said the incident had been unfortunate.

"I don't think they were ill-intentioned and they should be understood in the context that they took place, at a celebration party and in an atmosphere of unrestrained euphoria, but they are difficult to justify."

The player is scheduled to attend a news conference at the Nou Camp at 1530 GMT on Monday to apologise for the incident.

Real Madrid said they would be making no comment about Eto'o's behaviour, but Real centre back Francisco Pavon said the player had got carried away.

"Maybe it was the heat of the moment, but I don't think you need to insult anybody when celebrating a title that Barcelona thoroughly deserved to win."

Spanish television compared Eto'o's comments to those made by Luis Figo when he celebrated Barcelona's last title triumph in 1999.

The Portuguese winger shouted "Blancos, llorones, felicitad a los campeones" (Real Madrid, cry babies, hail the champions) from a balcony to celebrating crowds, just a year before signing for Real.

PS. That was uncalled for Sammi but i stand by you regardless just as much as i did for Elhadji Diouf because i know you didn't mean to insult but just wanted to rub it in..(we Africans have a unique way of understanding each other) :D .

Peace,Love & Unity.