Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

NSPU Conference Stirs up a Hornet’s Nest

NASSIR   

How will they recognize a region whose folks are not united for a common cause and that would propel the outcome of illusive recognition into a full scale tribal war. The little stability and peace we have in the North will vaporize and may have a trickling effect on the whole Somalia. Some of the regions it claims are part of Puntland State.

You might have an inner sense that the NSPU should have held meetings long time ago if they were a truthful to their objectives and goals and why at this time? One of the speakers indicated their long silence and intentions were to avoid bruising their ego and ruining the process of regional redevelopment and stabilization. They have indeed achieved something in some of their clan areas. I think it is not a mistaken priority for NSPU to abort political independence of the North when Hargeisa nominally claims regions like Sool and Sanaag they have no real power to capture.

Taliban, explain to me how is this conference a diversion of more important issues? Shouldn't the ICU support the government as they vowed before instead of waging war on peaceful cities and leaving significant but fundamental social services unfinished in Mogadisho and the occupied Deap South.

Islamic courts can effect real change in Mogadisho if they create a familiar adminstration. They don't even have adminstratino.

Xaruuri   

This is a great article about a great conference on Somali unity. Probably the best we had since sectarianism has overtaken Somali nationalism. This also shows the world and the Somalis for that matter that there are also constituents in the North who are for united, prosperous and peaceful Somalia. The days when the secessionists were the only voice you hear from the north are over. I fully agree with objectives and support this Organization. Their goals are noble and have a national focus. SOPRI on the other hand is trying to resuscitate and propagate the clannish view that failed to lead us anywhere for the last 15 years or so.

By the way did anybody from this forum go to the conference? From what I gather from friends in the DC area it was a smash hit and a success in the literal sence of the word.

Xaruuri