Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

How to be a Righteous person

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

As muslims, we all think we know the basics of islam, and say its simple, but yet most of us don't don't do it.

One of my fav. hadiths goes like this:The definition of righteousness is when Muslim approached the messenger of allah(saw) to ask about righteousness. The prophet said consult your hear. Righteous isthat about which the soul feels tranquil, and wrongdoing is that which wavers(lingers) in the soul and moves to and from the heart even though people again and again have their legal opinion.

To sum it up, righteous is about when you commit a sin, you feel bad. When you commit a good deed you feel good. Righteousness is not just praying, but one must let the prayer penetrate their hearts.

Finally, summer is here, a kutbah I listened at the Friday prayer talked about the importance of praying on time. Allah loves those who pray on time. I know we all want to have fun in the sun, but let us all make sure that we don't forget Allah, and try to pray on time, for every prayer erases a sin inbetween each prayer. I wish you all luck,and enjoy the summer(well I don't know about europe nomads, if its winter still).

Allah Bless,

Modesty