Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

US President Obama Sends Eid Greetings to The President of Somalia Sheikh Sharif

Liibaan   

36042barack-obama-teens11.jpg

US President Obama Sends Eid Greetings to The President of Somalia Sheikh Sharif

Dear Mr. President:

The American people join Michelle and me in extending best wishes to you and the people of Somalia as you celebrate Eid al-Adha.

It is my hope that people everywhere will embrace the spirit of devotion and sacrifice that the Eid al-Adha embodies and continue their efforts to achieve peace and goodwill among all humankind in a compassionate and selfless manner.

May you and the people of Somalia enjoy many blessings in the coming year.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

----

somalias-president-sheikh-sharif-ahmed-1

Obama-Somali-Garb.jpg

US President Obama Sends Eid Message To His Somali Counterpart Sheikh Sharif

By Shafi’i Mohyaddin Abokar

Mogadishu: On the eve of the Muslims Eid Al Ad-ha, the president of the United States of America Barack Obama on Friday sent a congratulatory message to his Somali counterpart Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed to wish him a good Eid festival.

An emailed press statement from the office of Somali President said Friday that the kind message from Obama shows the great cooperation between both countries and how the United States is interested in reintroducing peace into the war-torn horn of African country.

“The American people join Michele and me in extending best wishes to you and all Somali people as you are celebrating the Eid Al Ad-ha” the United States president said in his message to Somali leader which was distributed to the media through Somali presidential information office on Friday.

“It is my hope that people every where will embrace the sprit of devotion and sacrifice that the Eid Al Ad-ha embodies and continue their efforts to achieve peace and goodwill among all human kind in compassionate and selfless manner” President Obama said in his congratulatory message.

“May you and the people of Somalia enjoy many blessings in the years to come” Obama added in his statement.

President Obama's Message to Somali president comes as Muslims around the world are due to celebrate the Eid Al-Ad-ha on the next Tuesday.

madaxweyne52.jpg