Sign in to follow this  
me

Somali/Iraqi oil robbery

me   

Iraqi Oil Law

I have read that the Somali Oil Law is similar to the Iraqi Oil Law and it's all that the major western oil firms are waiting for in order to retun to Somalia.

Has anyone seen the Somali Oil Law? if so what do you think it will mean for Somalia?

me   

Has anyone seen the Petroleum Law for Somalia or the Draft for the Somali oil law? if so please post the link.

^^^So you think Somalia produces oil which is exploited by the west?

Mise our dream of having oil in which we intelligently refused to produce in the fear of being screwed by the west, ayaad run moodeen! Somalia oil ay leedahay ooy soo saartay aduunyo kuma kula socotee maad beenta aan isku sheegeyno joojino!

Cheers

NGONGE   

^^ You don't understand. Somalia has always had oil but the super powers, in 1925 and with the treaty of geed qaluucan, have decided to keep the Somali oil in reserve and only dig it out when the need arises. The Oil crisis of 73 almost forced these powers to start digging operations in Somalia. But, waxa la yedhi, once the Saudi King was made aware of such a threat he hastily cancelled the Oil embargo!

The West is exploiting Somali Oil by refusing to start exploration and production. It's a real shame.

I would say as long as the somali people get the to see the wealth and not a few greedy people at the top it is good .If somalia can explore for oil they should do it themselves next best is to let the westerners in to do it for them as long as there is a 50-50 split exploreation is expensive they will not do it for nothing .Oh did i mention it was also risky most times you spend alot of money and find nothing . Jimmy