Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Why Seria Rains as Top League

Kakà the key for top dogs

big_MD-I125717.jpg

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti praised his side for a "remarkable January" and singled out Brazilian Kakà as the player who has become the new heartbeat of the European champions. Kakà scored his seventh league goal of his debut season in Italy as Milan beat Siena 2-1 on Wednesday to replace AS Roma at the top of Serie A.

The 21-year-old Brazil international, who also scored twice in Sunday's 5-0 thrashing of Ancona, was once again in outstanding form with his goal capping a performance full of quality passing, slick touches and intelligent movement.

"Kakà is a fundamental player for us. He is so difficult to mark, he moves so much and he can do unexpected things up front and that is important," said Ancelotti.

"We have had a remarkable January, we have won every game in league and cup and the whole squad has come into play," added the Milan coach, who as well as moving ahead of Roma in the league beat their rivals twice in Italian Cup ties.

Kakà, signed from Sao Paulo in the close season, has quickly settled into Serie A and after being used in various roles has now made the attacking midfielder slot his own.

"I played where I prefer tonight and had a good game. I found the space to play in which is important for me," Kakà told reporters.

His goal, which broke the deadlock in the 38th minute, was coolly taken with the Brazilian sending Siena keeper Generoso Rossi the wrong way.

"I like to have a look where the keeper is before I shoot and it was nice to score like that," he added.

Another smiling player was Danish forward Jon Dahl Tomasson who has done well as Filippo Inzaghi's replacement and was encouraged by Ancelotti's promise that the Italian would not automatically walk back into the team.

"Tomasson is important, he allows us to play the ball long at times and he did very well with (Andriy) Shevchenko," said Ancelotti.

"The choice of attackers will be based on form," he added.

Tomasson, who has scored eight goals in 13 appearances in all competitions this season said: "I'm very happy. I'm in good form at the moment but so is all the squad. We've won seven games in a row since Christmas," said the Dane.

The former Newcastle and Feyenoord striker spent much of last season on the bench but is increasingly looking a natural partner for Shevchenko.

"I've improved a lot in my time here, I have learnt a lot from the coaches and I'm really enjoying my game at the moment," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------

consider his 21, costs £8million, is free scoring in champions league (rember spectular goals against brugge n celta)and Seria Inc 3 in last 2 games, and then consider the prices arsenal chelsea and Man u have recently paid for decent, but unspectular players :confused: :confused: .

N.O.R.F   

^^^true but then again yr average kid in a brazilian Favala is no average footballer,,,,

I guess it all comes down to the structure u have at yr team in spotting talent, scouting is a tough job, so the Milan scouts of South America must be chuffed,,,,,

Kaka really amaze's me he is really the next big thing. He will surly won major trophies if he carries on like this. I hope my team had him redface.gif But hope my team gets Diego from Santos that boy is also the next "one".