Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Yet more tragedy and chaos: Hundreds killed in Hajj stampede

Inallilahi wa inaillahi rajiun.

I was also angry with the way that they still cant stop these stampedes as it is a foreseeable disaster. Apart from death, people can lose a limb, eye due to these inhumane acts of force.

The saudi authorities now have come up with a new plan. Hope it will be implemented and enforced before next Hajj. Simple ideas which everyone can think off, controling the human traficking and have more exits n entry points.Its all feasible needs a little extra organisation and planning. I also think, they need to work on their signs atleast 6 languages should be written on them.

measures to prevent stampedes

N.O.R.F   

these holigans who run over innocent Haj Want bees

And who are these hooligans King?

WOL, good piece, seam like the authorities are detrmined to get it right and Insha allah they will

Some Muslim clerics have issued fatwas, or religious edicts, allowing pilgrims to begin the stoning earlier in the day, rather than the traditional midday start, in an attempt to spread out the crowds. They also asked pilgrims to throw small pebbles to avoid accidentally hurting anyone in the crowd.

Good point but this years incident happened at magrib time

peepz, tho' i agree with the points, any way you cut it, death is death and no one wants to die or to lose their loved ones. Now as for blame, as much i'd like to take the chance to take a pot shot or two at the saudis it's the people on the grounds responsability to act with patience and dignity.

All the reports that are coming out point to the crowds behaviour as leading to stampedes. managing + 2 million people in one place is a logistic disaster, trying to control them i would assume is impossible, so you have to rely on the crowd to police it self.

But these are people in an excited state, they will be feverent in fulfilling their quest, no body wants to go back hone and say i didnt get my turn. so u have a problem an excited crowd is a dangerous place to be in. Thats why police beat crowds to disperse them as soon as they think their gonna get frisky.

In my view you have two options to controll this. (i) try to teach the crowd to act responsibly - thei've tried this and its not working well, and it only takes a few to start a stampede (i) build the mother of all conveyor belts ad dont let any one get off it.