Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

No Peace, No Sex

I thought this article was pretty interesting n funny.

Sex boycott urged over war

That's close enough, say the campaigners

Women opposed to the war with Iraq have been urged to withhold sexual favours from their partners if the menfolk are pro-war.

On Monday thousands of actresses all over the world are taking part in a reading of the ancient Greek play Lysistrata, as part of a protest against the war.

In the play, penned by Aristophanes in 415BC, a group of Greek women, fed up with their warmongering husbands, go on a sex strike in a bid to end the endless conflicts.

Eventually the menfolk cave in and agree to a truce.

The Danish group have taken the interpretation quite literally and are encouraging women to slap on their chastity belts if their men are pro-war.

Bawdy play

The Lysistrata Project is planning around a thousand readings of Aristophanes' bawdy play in 56 countries.

Readings will raise money for charities working for peace and humanitarian aid in the Middle East and elsewhere.

In Denmark several of the country's leading actresses are at the forefront of the protest.

Actress Anne-Marie Helger told BBC News Online: "Mrs Blair, Mrs Bush and (the wife of the Danish PM) Mrs Rasmussen should stay out of their husbands' beds until they call their dogs off."

Basically we are saying No Peace, No Sex.

Rhea Leman, director

Some of Denmark's most famous TV and stage actresses, including Andrea Vagn Jensen, Lone Hertz, Lykke Nielsen and Trine Appel, are staging a production on Monday night of Aristophanes' Greek comedy Lysistrata.

Worldwide protest

Rhea Leman, an American theatre director who is directing Monday's play in Christianhavn near Copenhagen, said: "Basically we are saying No Peace, No Sex."

Ms Leman told BBC News Online: "The essence of the play is that if men go to war women should not go to bed with them. Until these men stop the war they will not get any sex."

She said: "What makes the play a comedy is that it is as hard for the women to go without sex as it is for the men. But they stick the strike out as a matter of principle."

Mark Greene, one of the world co-ordinators of the Lysistrata Project, said: "Each country and each group of performers is free to interpret the play in different ways.

"This is the first time I have heard of anyone actually suggesting a sex boycott, but then that's how these things start.

"We are limiting our advice on a sex boycott to the First Lady and Mrs Hussein (sic)," he quipped.

I was wondering what if somali women try this on their men to find solution to somalia...LOL

later nomads

ScarFace   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Women opposed to the war with Iraq have been urged to withhold sexual favours from their partners if the menfolk are pro-war.

chev SERIOUS dats JOKES BRUV!!!!

SCAR wlc'in back all da somalionline.COM FAMILIA

Lefty   

This is really funny!

IS it only me or this idea of Sex boycott sounds ackward!

I thought when men are after sex, they're also full of violence because of their high hormones. As we all know, males loose higher amount of energy after sex and tend to cool down. This idea should be turned over and females should spread the name of love physically and verbally if they are really serious about against war in Iraq. in that way, there can be a possible legitimate alternative idea for the war.

however, this idea of sex boycott is the worst scenario and it could cause more harm to the males than the one exist now. LOL

In my opinion, Lack of Sex and more violence go together as well as Making more Love and having peace go together. Females who came up this idea should thought about it.

Scarface....LOL....it is funny

Barwaaqo....Good point, i guess the ladies didn't take that into consideration.

Lefty.....Wat do yu suggest..? Another Hippy movement....Make Love, Not War!....lol