Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Give One. Get One.

Castro   

home-bkg.jpg

"One learning child. One connected child. One laptop at a time.

The mission of One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) is to empower the children of developing countries to learn by providing one connected laptop to every school-age child. In order to accomplish our goal, we need people who believe in what we’re doing and want to help make education for the world’s children a priority, not a privilege. Between November 12 and November 26, OLPC is offering a Give One Get One program in the United States and Canada. During this time, you can donate the revolutionary XO laptop to a child in a developing nation, and also receive one for the child in your life in recognition of your contribution. "

This is no toy laptop:

home-laptop_v2.jpg

"The XO laptop runs on Linux, a free and open-source operating system. OLPC’s commitment to software freedom gives children the opportunity to use their laptops on their own terms. The children—and their teachers—have the freedom to reshape, reinvent, and reapply their software, hardware, and content. There’s even a button located on the keyboard that allows children to view the programming behind certain applications. The XO laptop’s revolutionary interface, Sugar, also promotes sharing and learning."

More...

Hey Castro.

I saw the 60minute clip on this laptops awhile back. The man who started this was first having issues with the launch. The big electronic companies like intel and others were against it at first. Now,though,they have joined hands and i believe this is the best gift you can give to a child.

I am actually in the process of starting up a pilot project to help needy kids in peaceful parts of Somalilands(all five regions).

I was actually hoping to recruit Libax Sankatabte to see if we can make this an SOL project,[Hi LST :D ].And since you seem interested,perhaps we can all join hands to make a difference? What say ye good ol Castro? smile.gif