Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Stapleton to Somalia

Daily Hip-Hop News: Ghostface Returns w/Protege for 'Stapleton To Somalia' Project

Wednesday - August 31, 2005

by Carl Chery

Ghostface and his Theodore Unit protégé Trife Da God are scheduled to release 718: Stapleton to Somalia in mid October.

Theodore Unit, a collective of Staten Island emcees lead by Ghost, released their first effort, 718 last year. Trife and Ghost first linked up in their native Staten Island. Soon after, the 25-year-old upstart emcee could be seen next to Ghost at shows and in his videos.

advertisement

"My ni99a Ghost is from the same hood and I remember one time I spit a rhyme for him in the park,," Trife said. "He saw some potential in me but I was little too young at the time. So, he was like, Yo, when I get right and sh!t starts popping off, I am going to come back and scoop you up. And he stayed true to his word. That's why I love him for that."

Now after gaining a wealth of knowledge from working with Ghost, Trife is readying to release Stapleton to Somalia with his mentor. The record features a guest appearance by Kool G. Rap and production from Nottz. Though the CD is billed as a Ghost and Trife effort, the LP mainly features the young lyricist.

"Stapleton to Somalia that's like representing the struggle," stated Trife. "Cause there's a lot of poverty out here in Stapleton, and Somalia you already know what it is like out there. So, I just combined the two and called it Stapleton to Somalia."

In related Ghostface news, the wallaby champ is presently working on other projects. Ghost is reportedly putting the finishing touches on his second Def Jam release and completed a collaborative album with underground standout MF Doom. There's no word on when the albums will be released.

Ghostface and Trife Da God's Stapleton to Somalia is slated to hit stores October 18th through Koch Entertainment.

Sky   

Story is; Trife, a rapper from Stapleton and protégé of Ghostface Killah (Wu Tang Clan) is releasing an album called from Stapleton to Somalia, cuz his hood Stapleton and Somalia represent poverty and both are struggling.

This is good news, more awareness about Somalia. I remember those jokes on the Fresh Prince or the Wayans Bros about Somalis. Not good! 99% are about our weight and the rest about how poor we are.